Benelli Forum banner

Tornado RS Top Speed?

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ROBFM 
#1 ·
Hi, please be gentle it's my first go, Here we go could any one tell me what I should be expecting ( mph) wise from my Tornado RS I've only just bought it, fitted a power commander and a leovince can (no link pipe straight onto collector ) the bike looks and sounds brilliant , revs through the gears but stops about 135 mph .Ive just sold a 999s that would show 165 mph on the same bit of road, Is it me expecting too much ? Cheers. PS Mr Klinkerstinker if you read this Iam the guy who spoke to you about 18 months ago about Benelli or Ducati well my friend I bought the Ducati and sold it to Buy my Tornado Many thanks for the advice. Nigel

#3 ·
Hi Nigel
135 sounds very low.
std tre will show 150 without much effort, even with me on board (6'3" and errr...not skinny...!).....according to Russ at Bennetts the RS is the fastest of the lot, (even more so that the 1130) and has been properly timed at 170 ish so you may have an issue?
could be fueling or perhaps a bit of clutch slip at the top end?

whereabouts in co durham are you? seems like a few of us locally now:ele:

#4 · (Edited)
recently on a long straight bit. I saw........blurred tho it was. An indicated 156. (Luckily this wasn't the same time as I got Zapped by a speed camera). So giving a bit of error...190 rear tyre ect. Your way off the mark......not that I condone such behaviour :rolling: Eh Mr White :rolleyes:

Edited on the advice of my (barely) legal team

Reactions: klinkerstinker
#5 ·
not that I condone such behaviour :rolling: Eh Mr White :rolleyes:
Yeah, my court case comes up on the 14th August :doh:

I'm sure I hear someone clocked 163 MPH on the Scottish trip on a standard TRE so 135 is way off.

Have you tried 2nd gear :rolling:

#6 ·
..............PS Mr Klinkerstinker if you read this Iam the guy who spoke to you about 18 months ago about Benelli or Ducati well my friend I bought the Ducati and sold it to Buy my Tornado Many thanks for the advice. Nigel
No worries Nigel. I can't remember that far back, but if we met again I'd remember a face. :eek:

I'm glad you took my advice and took the plunge. :clap::clap::clap:

:bow:WELCOME TO THE FORUM.:bow:

#9 ·

Same as Fred....147. It was up a slight incline so expect to see 155 on the flat.

Triumph is faster but doesn't have the same nimble feel or as loud an induction sound.
:( It's a fine bike for knocking about on in the meantime though.:)

#11 ·
My TNT 899 shows 140mph,so that doesn't sound right to me.

Cheers Boggs

#12 ·
Seen 159 on an RS . I'd look at fuelling ala power commander but also check air filter as it may not be breathing properly at higher revs . If you could ever change can to standard and start again without PC used and just have mapping done on an Axone meter . As good as PC's are sometimes working with what you've got May be better . Ps of course any speed testing do on private roads :D

#16 ·
Many thanks for the help with my Nellie , air filter clean, standard can refitted and its a lot crisper up 11000 rpm . Will remove PC in a couple of weeks time and let you know Cheers Nigel

Sounds like the the powercommander been added after the can and hasn't been set up correctly, just fitted a pc3 myself and have her booked in to be tuned on a dyno it 10 days time, will let you know how it rides after it's done. I'm mainly just hoping or it be a little bit smoother at low rpms and to help keep the temps in check a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.