MCN Slaughter new Benelli
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCN Slaughter new Benelli

ajf
    Member #

MCN Slaughter new Benelli

Just read MCNs report on the New Benelli Twin. They Absolutely slaughtered it.
    To many bad parts to repeat on here but not good news for the future of Benelli.
    Tornado Tre 900, TNT899s Kawasaki z1000sx,
    Track Day Bikes, Kawasaki ZX10R, Suzuki GSXR 750

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END, AND IF ITS NOT THEN ITS NOT THE END,,

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    I think we should draw a conclusion on the new Benelli when other publications have tested it. The tarts at MCN only like sports bikes and don't realise that most of us ride bikes that are not sports bikes! Any article about bikes in MCN tests adventure bikes on how you can get your need down on it and will it be any good on a track day😣. No wonder there are not so many new motorcyclist all the journalists are in the late 40's and 50's a bit like asking a 17 year old to listen to radio 2! They need to test bikes on the criteria they were made for!
    Had my rant and in the case of Benelli don't judge a bike by MCN standards or we would have all missed on on some great bikes
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

ajf
    Member #

I do Agree

Quote Originally Posted by R Powell View Post
    I think we should draw a conclusion on the new Benelli when other publications have tested it. The tarts at MCN only like sports bikes and don't realise that most of us ride bikes that are not sports bikes! Any article about bikes in MCN tests adventure bikes on how you can get your need down on it and will it be any good on a track day😣. No wonder there are not so many new motorcyclist all the journalists are in the late 40's and 50's a bit like asking a 17 year old to listen to radio 2! They need to test bikes on the criteria they were made for!
    Had my rant and in the case of Benelli don't judge a bike by MCN standards or we would have all missed on on some great bikes
    I Totally agree, when it comes to MCN I am sure that they have got shares in Triumph as what ever Group of bikes they test, if there is a triumph in the group then its voted the best.
    And as you have said until the Benelli is tested else where then take what they say with a pinch of salt.
    I was just concerned that they had written such a bad article, and that really does not help. I am also annoyed that they have yet to add the new Benelli scrambler to a test as it appears to be a nice looking bike and should be given a chance to see how it goes compared to the rest of the normal dross.

Sorry I just Love Nelli,s

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Love my Nelli's too, though not blind to their issues. Have to agree re the mcn report, I simply don't believe they would be so critical of a more mainstream manufacturer, especially one who happened to advertise with them. Having said that, maybe the test bike was indeed a dog?

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    Just read MCNs report on the New Benelli Twin. They Absolutely slaughtered it.
    To many bad parts to repeat on here but not good news for the future of Benelli.
    Havent read MCN for a while now. I do miss it though. We now don't have anything to line the cats litter tray!!

Perhaps Goose can show them the error of their ways.....?

here's to another trouble free year of Benelli riding

Tornado 900
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

Member #
    The TRK 502 is bloody heavy with no power. to speak of (just 47 Donkeys). ~37 Kgs. more than the 900 Tre FFS!
    The CB500X is miles better but also feels cheap-ish.
    Glad I got my quality ole girl !

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RobShed View Post
    The TRK 502 is bloody heavy with no power. to speak of (just 47 Donkeys). ~37 Kgs. more than the 900 Tre FFS!
    The CB500X is miles better but also feels cheap-ish.
    Glad I got my quality ole girl !
    I hate to say I told you so, a member was some time back, raising hopes that the new breed of Nellies would be the resurrection, until I pointed out, then it was powered by a feeble twin of Chinese design and finish, These new things can do nothing to improve the reputation of Benelli Italy.
    You can not blame MCN, has anyone ridden one ? I am sure we would all agree totally with the MCN, Its a poor Chinese copy of what used to be a great bike, with a gutless engine , dubious quality, and will not stand up to the rigours of daily use in the UK.
    Expect to see the demise of these things , I can not even see a market for such a poor bike.
    sorry but that's the truth.

ajf
    Member #

Asian market

Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    I hate to say I told you so, a member was some time back, raising hopes that the new breed of Nellies would be the resurrection, until I pointed out, then it was powered by a feeble twin of Chinese design and finish, These new things can do nothing to improve the reputation of Benelli Italy.
    You can not blame MCN, has anyone ridden one ? I am sure we would all agree totally with the MCN, Its a poor Chinese copy of what used to be a great bike, with a gutless engine , dubious quality, and will not stand up to the rigours of daily use in the UK.
    Expect to see the demise of these things , I can not even see a market for such a poor bike.
    sorry but that's the truth.
    Without doubt the bike that they tested is not going to be a European hit, but it could be in the Asian market where small capacity bikes are the norm.
    But that is not to say that some time in the future we will not see something better, I know that they are developing a new 1200 Triple as MCN also done a small article on that. So maybe we will have to wait and see. BUT we will never see the like`s of our beloved Tornado`s I am sure of that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    Without doubt the bike that they tested is not going to be a European hit, but it could be in the Asian market where small capacity bikes are the norm.
    But that is not to say that some time in the future we will not see something better, I know that they are developing a new 1200 Triple as MCN also done a small article on that. So maybe we will have to wait and see. BUT we will never see the like`s of our beloved Tornado`s I am sure of that.
    Will have to wait and see, but not holding my breath. A2 licence market is very limited over here, As you say , may be Asian market but where ?Its a big a capacity, by their standards, and hardly economical.
    Doubt its that good off road/ dirt road riding, bloody heavy, how is a 7 stone Asian going to pick it up , when its on its side in a ditch.
    Its a fur coat with no knickers, all show and no go. Doomed .

ajf
    Member #
    [QUOTE=freeatlast;205241]Will have to wait and see, but not holding my breath. A2 licence market is very limited over here, As you say , may be Asian market but where ?Its a big a capacity, by their standards, and hardly economical.
    , how is a 7 stone Asian going to pick it up , when its on its side in a ditch.

MMMM, thats the least of my worries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors