TNT 1130 2007 Starter
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TNT 1130 2007 Starter

Name
    Tom Roger Steen
    Member #

TNT 1130 2007 Starter

Hi !

is it normal that the starter runs kinda slow on theese bikes and somthimes jams up ? have to push the start button over again. but useally starts wery easy.....

Should i replace the starter ? battery been tested and says very good .... someone ?

Regards

Tom R

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Starter, Z25 or battery cables

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

ajf
    Member #

starter

I would go along with that, sounds like Z25 or battery leads.
    Tornado Tre 900, TNT899s Kawasaki z1000sx,
    Track Day Bikes, Kawasaki ZX10R, Suzuki GSXR 750

EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE END, AND IF ITS NOT THEN ITS NOT THE END,,

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Mark
    Member #
    Hi Tom
    I have just had the same issue with my 2007 TnT. if it was starting previously while hot it is unlikely to be the Z25 tho always advisable to do it while the engine is apart. Even though I replaced the battery cables with stronger items and put a new starter motor in. (Triumph Trophy 1200 item) it wasn't until I bit the bullet and took the gearbox and clutch out to replace the sprag clutch that it was fixed. I got the parts from Maniac Motors. you will only need the outer ring and the bearing as the inner ring (the part that runs on the Z25) will be OK as Maniac advised me. The starting is transformed and wizzes over like a goodun. Hope this helps.
    Cheers Mark

Name
    Tom Roger Steen
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcivor047 View Post
    Hi Tom
    I have just had the same issue with my 2007 TnT. if it was starting previously while hot it is unlikely to be the Z25 tho always advisable to do it while the engine is apart. Even though I replaced the battery cables with stronger items and put a new starter motor in. (Triumph Trophy 1200 item) it wasn't until I bit the bullet and took the gearbox and clutch out to replace the sprag clutch that it was fixed. I got the parts from Maniac Motors. you will only need the outer ring and the bearing as the inner ring (the part that runs on the Z25) will be OK as Maniac advised me. The starting is transformed and wizzes over like a goodun. Hope this helps.
    Cheers Mark
    Thanks for all the answers peps !

I`ll drive thrue this seasson cross my it holds up...then look into this Z25 off season .... think this have been done,when the bike has been to Maniac Motor for uppgrades before.... start mailing them =)

thanks again Benelli Owners =)

Name
    Tom Roger Steen
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ajf View Post
    I would go along with that, sounds like Z25 or battery leads.
    Thanks ! Sounds right =)

Name
    David Lilly
    Member #
    I've got similar issues, got new starter solenoid (as old one packed up recently); put new battery in at same time, went to start it this morning and only turned over at half speed, but battery died before she caught. Hopefully it was just a non-fully charged battery, will stick on charger for a couple days. But no idea if Z25 has been done, so if problem continues, will be sending to Bennettes.

Question regarding Z25: Am I risking damage by continuing to use the bike if it HASN'T been done?

Cheers,
    D.

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ValiantBoy View Post

Question regarding Z25: Am I risking damage by continuing to use the bike if it HASN'T been done?

Cheers,
    D.
    Yes

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk

Name
    Mark
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ValiantBoy View Post
    I've got similar issues, got new starter solenoid (as old one packed up recently); put new battery in at same time, went to start it this morning and only turned over at half speed, but battery died before she caught. Hopefully it was just a non-fully charged battery, will stick on charger for a couple days. But no idea if Z25 has been done, so if problem continues, will be sending to Bennettes.

Cheers,
    D.

if the starter will not turn the motor over when the engine is hot, yes it will damage the engine. the clearance between the Z25 gear and the clutch ring gear is too tight and is taken up when the engine is hot and will eventually snap the Z25 shaft.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcivor047 View Post
    if the starter will not turn the motor over when the engine is hot, yes it will damage the engine. the clearance between the Z25 gear and the clutch ring gear is too tight and is taken up when the engine is hot and will eventually snap the Z25 shaft.

Can I ask all you experts out there about the Z25, I have a 2011 TNT 1130 with full service history last being at around 5500mls in 2016 now showing just over 6400mls ... I owned this for just coming up to a year with no major issues ( expect me stupidly filling with Diesel, but that's another story )

Are these later models changed from the factory ? not had a single issue with starting, hot / cold starts and runs like a dream.

Exhaust valve disconnected, Air flaps removed, DNA filter fitted and Quill Tail and link pipe fitted.

Cheers
    Andy

Sponsors