Tornado stubby exhaust. - Page 8
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Tornado stubby exhaust.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzdid View Post
    Hi all!
    After many years of owning my Nelly I am finally thinking of changing the can, so taking a very keen interest in this thread!
    I definitely like the look of that GP2! but typical I cant find it on ebay? Not sure if they have stopped doing them?

There is the GP1 which looks good but a bit longer than the GP2 so not sure how it would look fitted. also there is a twin outlet jobby which could look good but a bit more pricey!
    Anyway, those of you that fitted these what is the verdict? and do you know why they don't seem to be selling them anymore?

Attachment 22961Attachment 22969
    This is the exhaust on my bike, its the GP-D. They do sell this one still, just not listed in the Benelli section. For the price its certainly good enough. As a previous forum member has said, you need to work a bit of magic to get it on. I just put a bit of wd-40 to help it on, think they sell reducer pipe sections now aswell if it did not fit or will fabricate a small piece for you. Only problem I had with mine, was the spot weld on the baffle failed and lost my baffle, luckily I found it and use a stainless nyloc nut. Most probably reduces power by 10bhp at top end, but my KTM RC8 was 10bhp down on the Tornado, I cant ride any faster on the Tornado than the KTM. All depends what you are looking for really. I chose black as the frame/swingarm is black. But for the price its good enough in my opinion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    gazzdid likes this.

Name
    Steve howell
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Got one of these , if you are interested.
    I prefer the classic look, in fact i think the originals look better and more in keeping with the lines of the bike.

Attachment 22977Attachment 22985
    That one is very similar to the one I have on mine .as in pics.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ant
    Name
    Anthony Ogier
    Member #
    IMG_0026.JPGTornado stubby exhaust.-img_0024.jpg

I put the Toro can on this weekend. Now I'm regretting it! the beautiful song from the standard can has gone and i'm left with a loud burble that might as well be at banged out R1.

I'll give it one more go without the db killer in to see if it sounds any better (which incidentally was crackling like crazy on the over run)

Otherwise standard can is going back on.
    2005 TNT 1130 Sport

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Steve howell
    Member #
    My bike came with the race can already on it. It is really load though.
    I do have the genuine original exhaust system for it .I may put it on one day . On the plus side other road users can here me coming 😁 and soon move over 😁

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    Got one of these , if you are interested.
    I prefer the classic look, in fact i think the originals look better and more in keeping with the lines of the bike.

Attachment 22977Attachment 22985
    Thanks for the offer mate but if Im going to change it I think its going to be a stubby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.king View Post
    This is the exhaust on my bike, its the GP-D. They do sell this one still, just not listed in the Benelli section. For the price its certainly good enough. As a previous forum member has said, you need to work a bit of magic to get it on. I just put a bit of wd-40 to help it on, think they sell reducer pipe sections now aswell if it did not fit or will fabricate a small piece for you. Only problem I had with mine, was the spot weld on the baffle failed and lost my baffle, luckily I found it and use a stainless nyloc nut. Most probably reduces power by 10bhp at top end, but my KTM RC8 was 10bhp down on the Tornado, I cant ride any faster on the Tornado than the KTM. All depends what you are looking for really. I chose black as the frame/swingarm is black. But for the price its good enough in my opinion.
    Now that looks nice!! I prefer the black as I do think the steel looks a bit rough n ready/unfinished. Well going off the pics anyway. Just not sure how well the black would go with my bike as its not the black frame & swing arm? Hmmm....
    And the idea of losing power what if one of my mates beats me off the lights??? Oh the shame!

UpNorthWill likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzdid View Post
    Now that looks nice!! I prefer the black as I do think the steel looks a bit rough n ready/unfinished. Well going off the pics anyway. Just not sure how well the black would go with my bike as its not the black frame & swing arm? Hmmm....
    And the idea of losing power what if one of my mates beats me off the lights??? Oh the shame!

Exactly, I never got the whole power issue, if I was worried about that I would have bought a newish litre bike and not the Tornado. Its plenty quick enough for me and makes a perfect road bike. One thing I do like, is that it has kept the triple sound.
    Steve 49 likes this.

JRH
    Name
    John
    Member #
    I ran my old 1130 on a variety of exhausts inc Benelli Sport, Akra and Leo Vinci. My later bike seems to be quicker and fuel better on the Torro can. I'll try a longer style pipe on at the weekend, to do a comparison 👍
    John.
    LE #146
    Tornado 1130

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Sponsors