Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Tornado stubby exhaust.

Name
    Alec
    Member #

Tornado stubby exhaust.

I am looking at replacing my Arrow with a stubby. Ideally I would like to remove the rear pegs as well and if I can get away without having to get it remapped even better. And finally I dont want to damage my ear drums or piss my neighbours off. Any recommendations.
    StevieB likes this.

Member #
    I,ve seen the stubby,s available on ebay for good prices but don't know if there any good or need remapping etc
    Might try one myself just to see
    Anyone had one of those?

Member #
    Hi Alec,
    I am just finalising my change to a "stubby" style exhaust. Gone down the route of a standard Kawasaki ZX10R end can, with the standard bracket ground off and a new one welded on together with a bespoke link pipe section utilising the standard connector tensioning spring - that way I can re-fit the standard silencer for MOT's (not that noise is an issue for an MOT, you just need an end can WITHOUT the words "not for road use"), OR if I ever sell the bike.
    The noise is, obviously, noisier than my standard Arrow silencer, because the ZX10R has an exhaust collector box underneath it's sump to muffle the noise a bit more.
    My bike is silver and black, so decided to go for the full polish of the main stainless end can but I have left the end cap in the standard brushed stainless.
    Silencer was about £50 NOS off eBay, about £100 for polishing/link pipe/bracket weld.
    Got the mapping modified at Bennetts when I had the bike serviced recently. You don't need a "Power Commander" type of device also.
    Just need to cut a small section off the top rear of the fairing panel to clear the bottom of the exhaust.
    I have attached a poor image photo.

Regards
    Les
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tornado stubby exhaust.-dsc_0186.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    neil barlow
    Member #
    Got a micron on mine , no need for a link pipe sits straight on just a bracket from the back of the footpeg
    gazzdid likes this.
    benelli tornado 900
    mz baghira 660
    ktm rc8 1190

Name
    neil barlow
    Member #
    benelli tornado 900
    mz baghira 660
    ktm rc8 1190

Member #
    Pro-Race do the stubby exhausts. Mine only cost £70.00 and the quality is very good, was suprised. Will be looking soon to see if it needs re-mapping, as you need the db killers in, otherwise expect a knock from the plod.

Member #
    Chris did the Race Pro come with baffle?
    Now have MV F4 1078 and Tornado 900 . Previously had Duc 998S, Yam 98 R1 red/white, Kwak ZXR750 K1, ZXR750 H1, Suzuki RG250, Kwak GPZ500, Yam DT250, Honda CB125R

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrford rob View Post
    Chris did the Race Pro come with baffle?
    Yes, comes with baffle. I bought the smallest stubby, just clamps straight on. This is the one I got, but got it in black...http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-RACE-BEN...%257Ciid%253A1

Member #
    black suits yours with black frame etc. I currently have standard arrow which isn't quiet, static db test with home db measurer of 104db !! at 5500 revs, we tried to do similar to test at tracks 0.5 metres away apparenlty. My MV F4 1078 measured 99db with standard exhaust on same test. wondered how noisy these race pro are? might be worth a pop for £70 as must be a lot lighter and not ugly like some after markets.
    Now have MV F4 1078 and Tornado 900 . Previously had Duc 998S, Yam 98 R1 red/white, Kwak ZXR750 K1, ZXR750 H1, Suzuki RG250, Kwak GPZ500, Yam DT250, Honda CB125R

Member #
    With the db killer, its quite acceptable noise level, although not measured on any equipment, and keeps the lovely sound that these bike produce. Without db killers it sounded like a Russian nuclear apocalypse. I was very surprised at how much the db killers were effective. As you say I went for black to match the frame. Not had the bike mapped to it yet, but runs fine, although splutters without the db killers in the low rev range. It weighs next to nothing, very noticeable when riding.
    Last edited by chris.king; 02-06-2017 at 08:58 AM.
    Griffin57 likes this.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsors