Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trip counter reset

Name
    paul
    Member #

Trip counter reset

I cannot work put how to reset the trip counter, ive read that you press the mode button twice, this only starts the sequence to change from mph to kph & temp from deg c to deg f, my bike had a clock change under warranty & they are black like the rs model except they dont say rs on them,

The first time i fueled up the trip reset itself but has not done it since after many start ups which is reassuring.

Thanks for any help.

Paul.

Name
    StingerWolf
    Member #
    Press the mode button 3 times quick

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamad View Post
    The first time i fueled up the trip reset itself but has not done it since after many start ups which is reassuring.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me the very first time I filled mine. I thought at the time that Benelli had come up with an ingenious system!
    Turned out that the reset happened because the whole dash reset on startup when the voltage dropped.
    That was a Rev A dash, which was subsequently replaced by a Rev D unit.
    Rev D will also reset on starting but at a slightly lower battery voltage than Rev A. So it's better, but the problem hasn't been solved. The only way to do that is with an uninterruptible power supply
    RobShed likes this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [113,903 km - and counting .....]

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Alternative is DYNAVOLT MG12B4 delivering 260 CCA with beefier wiring

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerWolf View Post
    Press the mode button 3 times quick
    Well tried pressing mode button 3 times after fueling today & taddah it reset, thanks. Had a cracking ride to devils bridge & stretched the nellis legs properly, the induction noise is addictive, it did 112 miles until the fuel light came back on so not as bad on fuel as i thought as my light comes on with 4 litres left in the tank. So its doing 112 miles to 12 litres.

Paul.
    UpNorthWill, tonydoc and ajf like this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamad View Post
    Well tried pressing mode button 3 times after fueling today & taddah it reset, thanks. Had a cracking ride to devils bridge & stretched the nellis legs properly, the induction noise is addictive, it did 112 miles until the fuel light came back on so not as bad on fuel as i thought as my light comes on with 4 litres left in the tank. So its doing 112 miles to 12 litres.

Paul.
    I go to devils now and then. Usually stop of there on my way to Whitehaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    38486Miles.And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4, New Radiator , 2nd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 4. from 03/06/06 to 10/09/2016.

Member #
    I second Errol's uninterruptible power supply design. He built one for me and not only did it stop the trip counter resrtting (very useful since the Benelli is very thirsty), but it at least appeared that the temp gauge over-reading issue didn't happen so often.
    UpNorthWill likes this.

Name
    Sam Baines
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tonydoc View Post
    I go to devils now and then. Usually stop of there on my way to Whitehaven.

Devils is my local stop, from my house there is about 3 differant ways to get their- all of which are 30/40 mins of start to finish twisteys- the joys of country living ! Also it's the perfect stop off to get breakfast before heading up over to hawes , the lakes even over shap and Alston if I'm after a big ride- although 200miles in a day is about my limit !
    In regards to the trip, I've completely given up on it - sometimes it resets itself when I fill up some times it doesn't , I just go off the fuel bars at the side and have a rough idea when I should be getting due. Ive even lost the will trying to sort the time on it so I just put a wristwatch round the top yolk. Bit crude I admit but it works !
    tonydoc likes this.

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyboy92 View Post
    Devils is my local stop, from my house there is about 3 differant ways to get their- all of which are 30/40 mins of start to finish twisteys- the joys of country living ! Also it's the perfect stop off to get breakfast before heading up over to hawes , the lakes even over shap and Alston if I'm after a big ride- although 200miles in a day is about my limit !
    In regards to the trip, I've completely given up on it - sometimes it resets itself when I fill up some times it doesn't , I just go off the fuel bars at the side and have a rough idea when I should be getting due. Ive even lost the will trying to sort the time on it so I just put a wristwatch round the top yolk. Bit crude I admit but it works !
    I give up on mine in 06 I watch for the yellow light to come on, that gives you around 4 and a bit litres or a gallon and it should be good for 30 miles, of normal riding . My trip on Sundays starts of going over the Humber bridge up the A1 to wetherby on to Harrogate, across to Kirkby Lonsdale, cuppa at devils for around 10 ish. Then blast up the M6 to Penrith across to Keswick where we stop at the filling station for a cappuccino. Then on to Whitehaven to see the family, then down to Barrow in furnace the across to Kirkby then stop off at squires milk bar cafe Sherburn. For a brew before getting home. Usually about 12 hours ish just under 450 miles depends on sometimes going to Keswick via Windermere. Next time i'am going I'll let you know

38486Miles.And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4, New Radiator , 2nd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 4. from 03/06/06 to 10/09/2016.

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Would be good to arrange a little nelli meet up there, there may be more people able to come too

I would need my bike back first though, bike shop still got it, 6 weeks now!

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors