• 2 Post By Griffin57
  • 1 Post By Griffin57
  • 3 Post By freeatlast

Thread: Thinking of selling my Tornado Tre - 450 miles from new

Name
    Graham
    Member #

Thinking of selling my Tornado Tre - 450 miles from new

Due to family commitments and my advancing age I am thinking of selling my beautiful red Tornado Tre with only around 450 miles from new in 2010 - not yet run in. Kept indoors and only put in the garage this Spring, Although when I do get the odd 50 mile trip out I fall in love with her all over again.
    Thing is, I am very fussy about looking after objects of beauty, and won't allow idiot mechanics to get their grubby digits on my pride and joy - same thing goes with selling this to someone who doesn't appreciate what it is they are getting into. So, if you really are interested in owning a magnificent Italian machine that needs looking after, get in touch. If you think you are going to put 20,000 miles on it without changing the oil or washing it - please look on ebay for the usual wrecks.
    My bike was originally offered new at the time when Benelli advertised the Tre at £12,000 ! to include a special accessory pack, which this one has - Carbon fibre front mudguard, carbon rear hugger, carbon brake line cover, Benelli Tankpad, Benelli Superbike screen, + has optional Benelli black adjustable brake & clutch levers. Genuine Benelli indoor fitted bike cover.
    The bike did under 200 miles with first owner and was stored away. I re-commissioned her on purchase in 2015, and carried out various little mods, and checked that the main ones had been carried out by Moto GB at point of sale. Certificate available. I have added the following - coolant change, Ducati core plug fitted, stainless water pump nut + new O rings. All fairing washers replaced with upgrade nylon versions, silicone water pump hose, silicone airbox drain fitted, Upgraded Stingerwolf battery cables, oil & filter change, new Yuasa battery - with spare new upgraded Yuasa YTZ14S battery available & included. New Metzeler Sportec M5 Tyres fitted. Fuel line quick release fitted. DNA Air filter fitted. ( Original kept ). Coils are sealed previously, Tip over switch available - still has the Benelli Bypass fitted.There may be more - I have posted many things previously on the forum. Unmarked paintwork - including mirror corners !
    Anyhow - if it goes to a good home I want £4,250 for a bike that is in tip top better than new condition. I don't think that's unreasonable, but I won't haggle. Find one as good for this money or less. If it sells I will be bereft.
    Comes with a private reg plate valued at £1000 - no charge. And some spares - like 2 oil filters & other bits. Photos can be sent via email on request. I am in West Norfolk, UK
    Private message me for more info or check my previous posts for photos of my bike in various states of dismantling during servicing. Best wishes to all, Graham.

Thinking of selling my Tornado Tre - 450 miles from new-img_1337.jpgThinking of selling my Tornado Tre - 450 miles from new-img_1333.jpgThinking of selling my Tornado Tre - 450 miles from new-img_1348.jpg
    Last edited by Griffin57; 05-11-2017 at 08:13 AM.
    Markfto and RobShed like this.

Member #
    Hoot of a bargain for some lucky blighter!

Name
    Tony Dockerty
    Member #
    Did you pay 12 k in 2010?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    38486Miles.And Replacement Cam ChainNo 4, New Radiator , 2nd set of coil sticks, DNA Filter, L E D rear light upgrade, Battery No 4. from 03/06/06 to 10/09/2016.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Graham
    Member #

No longer available

Sorry Guys but I have chickened out. The Nelli is worth more than just a few quid in the bank, in use or not, and is vastly undervalued for a bike in better than new condition. So no longer available.
    RobShed likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin57 View Post
    Sorry Guys but I have chickened out. The Nelli is worth more than just a few quid in the bank, in use or not, and is vastly undervalued for a bike in better than new condition. So no longer available.
    Well done, you know it makes sense, where else will you find one as good as the one you have got !
    I think you should go out and buy another to keep her company.

best regards
    RobShed, Griffin57 and yamahamad like this.

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Sounds like the right decision, im sure you would of regretted selling.

Paul

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin57 View Post
    That's ma boy
    Laurence

Sponsors