Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By angledangle

Thread: The NC 500 " Friends of Benelli " Easter 2017 Meet

MCN Benelli Test Rider angledangle's Avatar
    Name
    Angus ......... Moderator :-)
    Member #

The NC 500 " Friends of Benelli " Early 2017 Meet

As suggested by Nigel we should have a proposed meet in style of previous years and here it is . Early Bank Holiday 2017 ( Date to be finalised but pencilled in 28th April to 1st May ) Enjoy one of the most celebrated ' must do ' rides in the Highlands . Details to follow ..... All Makes Welcome , it's a passion to ride we share and if you like Benelli's or on here with one its a bonus ! :-).

This is the Facebook link but details will be here as well .
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/604454426402137/

Its going to be epic ! .

Name
    will tilston
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by angledangle View Post
    As suggested by Nigel we should have a proposed meet in style of previous years and here it is . Early Bank Holiday 2017 ( Date to be finalised but pencilled in 28th April to 1st May ) Enjoy one of the most celebrated ' must do ' rides in the Highlands . Details to follow ..... All Makes Welcome , it's a passion to ride we share and if you like Benelli's or on here with one its a bonus ! :-).

This is the Facebook link but details will be here as well .
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/604454426402137/

Its going to be epic ! .
    I don't have facebook, when will the details be posted?

Name
    Member #
    I'll include accomadation links and numbers going , interest is high from members and as stated a number of folk will be on MV's , Ducati's etc as previous Benelli owners but want to do this . Dates are looking to be 28th April and come back 1st May . Some fantastic roads , great stop off points and chance to gather together like previously .
    Markfto likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Member #
    Just a update it's looking at being the 28th April 2017 stay overnight just south of Inverness and on the 29th travel on the first leg up the west coast via Applecross to Durness the high test village in UK . Stay overnight and travel east to John a Groats and back down to Inverness with a stop either north of Inverness or into original start point . Fuel stops will be calculated along with eating .
    Looking for numbers on this
    If your coming I'd say please add your name as accomadation will need to be booked early to avoid being taken .

Getting very good interest from members as far as Cornwall and London along with folk from East Anglia and North West and Yorkshire and Scotland .

Be part of the NC500 Friends of Benelli ride and relive previous memories of Scotland gatherings .

Name
    will tilston
    Member #
    Whats the likely overall cost ?

Name
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWill View Post
    Whats the likely overall cost ?
    I can give a rough guide but biggest cost is fuel . It's 400 miles to Inverness from myself in Cheshire . Accomadation isn't dear and good prices for food and beer . I can give a rough cost of overall trip.

Name
    Member #
    Re some are looking being short on time to complete this ride so I've got a suggestion as shown

I think I've got a solution to the issue of time scale for some but incorporate the NC500 for those wanting to complete . ( no it's not in the co pilot seat of a Euro fighter ! )

For those that are up for it I suggest day one from (A)Inverness we go to (B)Dornoch and (C)Wick , (D)John O Groats then onto (E)Durness where I should have accommodation for us all . (Map 1)

Then day Two leave (A)Durness and come down to (B)Scourie , (C)Clashnessie and (D)Ullapool and (D)Auchindrean before the party splits with those going onto Applecross and those wanting to continue back to Inverness . (Map 2)

Day one is just over 220 miles but it's mainly A9 up to John o Groats before coast road to Durness .
    Day two is 157 miles to finish in Inverness

Those that opt Applecross route from (A)Auchindrean via (B)Gairloch , (C)Applecross and (D)Locharron , (E)Garve and onto (F)Inverness are looking at 180 miles with some section fast especially after Locharron onto Inverness . (Map 3)

I can list accommodation in Durness and list the base acccomodation for just below Inverness then list separately the need for a stop over for party doing Applecross .

What you think ? ..........
    Maps 1 , 2 & 3 below .........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NC 500 " Friends of Benelli " Easter 2017 Meet-image.jpeg   The NC 500 " Friends of Benelli " Easter 2017 Meet-image.jpeg   The NC 500 " Friends of Benelli " Easter 2017 Meet-image.jpeg  

Sponsors