Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Engenia

Thread: OEM replacement foam filter vector drawings

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #

OEM replacement foam filter vector drawings

I'm servicing Jane's RS at present and discovered that her oem filter was rotten. She didn't want to shell out for a DNA filter so I scanned the plastic supports to TIFF, cleaned it up in GIMP then converted to a vector file with Inkscape which Uniflow, in Sydney can use to laser cut from 16 mm foam.
    I created three files, SVG, DXG & DWG to improve the chances that they could work with something. I've asked them to extend the filter 2 mm beyond the support to improve the edge seal. They may decide on more. We'll see.

ANYWAY.
    If anyone wants the files they are in BOX
    SVG
    DXF
    DWG

PS: I've disabled the links to the SVG & DXF files as they were for Rev 0 - (see post #2)
    PPS: the DWG is now a link to the Rev 1 file, with the bottom left & right corners filled in
    Last edited by Engenia; 08-11-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: DWG link now to Rev 1 drawing
    mihol, GBo, mikerj and 1 others like this.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [136,351 km - and counting .....]

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    I received the foam filter from Unifilter today and its a deal better than the OEM, in that it seals at the edges more positively. It could have done with a 3 mm oversize, instead of 2 to make it even better.
    I followed the outline of the plastic support, which was a slight mistake at the bottom corners, where it should have followed the airbox instead.
    I'll fix up the files at some stage. Send me a PM if you are in a hurry.
    OEM replacement foam filter vector drawings-unifilter.cf0581.jpg
    The UniFilter p/n is CF0581 & it cost AUD 27.23 plus shipping.
    If I didn't already have a DNA filter I'd be more than happy to use this one, for 1/10 the price.
    Last edited by Engenia; 08-11-2019 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added a picture

Member #
    That was a great idea Errol . I imagine this would be a good seller and a lot cheaper as you have said. My CR came already fitted with DNA and I have a spare new one so not needed as yet. Cheers, Nigel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    The DWG link in the first post is now to the Rev 1 drawing. It contains three layers. One is the scanned & vectorised support (light blue), another (red) is the outline of the airbox filter cavity, and the '0' layer (black) is the airbox cavity with a 1 mm offset which should be used for the laser cutter as it will provide a better seal against the airbox side wall.

I've sent this file to Uniflow ([email protected]), so if anyone asks for it (CF0581) they'll have the corrected version.

Here's a pdf of it -> (Unifilter.CF0581+frame+airbox.pdf)

Sponsors