Sometimes when idling the engine stalls
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sometimes when idling the engine stalls

Member #

Sometimes when idling the engine stalls

Hi,

I have a TRK502 X, almost 10,000km and sometimes when i start the engine to warm it before driving the engine stalls and i can't turn it on again (like there's no gas in the tank). I've seen that happens when is in iddle, not sure if only below the expected temperature.

Seems pretty strange, if i let the motorcycle repose about 5 min and try again works fine. I went to the repair shop twice with this problem, they saw some eventual failures on the ECU but non of them static, for them all seems to be ok (obviously not), it's driving me nuts.

Member #

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Enzu View Post
    Hi,

I have a TRK502 X, almost 10,000km and sometimes when i start the engine to warm it before driving the engine stalls and i can't turn it on again (like there's no gas in the tank). I've seen that happens when is in iddle, not sure if only below the expected temperature.

Seems pretty strange, if i let the motorcycle repose about 5 min and try again works fine. I went to the repair shop twice with this problem, they saw some eventual failures on the ECU but non of them static, for them all seems to be ok (obviously not), it's driving me nuts.
    Sounds like fuelling issues. It it has been checked to be mapped correctly it could be an intermittent fault with the fuelpump. When you have stalled and then try to turn on the ignition switch can you hear the fuel pump make a noise when it primes the petrol? If not it could be the pump has a problem or the electrics to the pump are dodgy

Sponsors