What have you done today? - Page 27
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: What have you done today?

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    I'm getting a bit bored during this coronavirus lockdown. All my bikes are good to go so nothing to do there, and I can't go out for a ride. It's wet outside so I can't mow the grass.

There's an old proverb "The idle mind is the devils playground". I suspect that may be true because I've been amusing myself by making a little crossbow that I can use indoors. The bow is made from a piece of old fibreglass fishing rod, sanded down to a taper at each end. It fires kebab sticks at an extraordinary velocity! I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Engenia, Kevin S, GBo and 2 others like this.

Member #

the difference between us and Oz

We currently have 4000+ dead, from Coronavirus and likely to lose best part of 1000 a day for the next 2 weeks minimum

Riding a bike "qualifies" as exercise, YES but we are supposed to be in Lockdown with "stay at home" as an instruction, not a request .

"Simply following the rules" IT is a possible means of exercise , could they not refrain for a couple of weeks until the spread lessens.

OUR figures for Oz is 44 dead total as at this morning, a slightly smaller problem.

The message to the people in the UK is stay at home , just because they ride a bike does not make them special cases . riding out from their locality to area,s where we are complying with what we have been told on every form of media .
    Last edited by freeatlast; 04-05-2020 at 02:14 AM. Reason: correction

Member #
    Agree with message

Name
    Errol Kowald
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast View Post
    We currently have 4000+ dead, from Coronavirus and likely to lose best part of 1000 a day for the next 2 weeks minimum
    OUR figures for Oz is 44 dead total as at this morning, a slightly smaller problem.
    The message to the people in the UK is stay at home , just because they ride a bike does not make them special cases . riding out from their locality to area,s where we are complying with what we have been told on every form of media .
    We have fewer people less densely packed, and we closed our borders to China & Korea very early. Most of our dead have come from cruise ships, and one immense debacle arose from allowing passengers from one cruise ship, the Ruby Princess, to disembark in Sydney without any control whatsoever. Still, our rules, which vary slightly from state to state, allow people out of their homes for grocery shopping, visiting a health professional or exercise. In NSW and Vic, people are now getting $1000 fines for being out and not satisfying those three criteria. Backpackers and other idiots are flaunting the rules, but are getting caught. Some will be deported.
    Pubs & restaurants across the nation closed 2 weeks ago.

In the ACT, where I live, the residents generally have a higher level of education, and very few aren't taking this seriously. There are lots more people on the bike paths, but none are congregating and all are keeping their distance. We have 90 cases, all imported, and one death - from the cruise ship mentioned above.

The borders of WA & Qld are closed. If you enter SA, Vic, NSW & Tassie, you must self isolate for 14 days, and will be monitored for compliance. People have been fined for failing to comply.
    If you return from OS you will be packed into a hotel for 14 days. Some of these are bleating, but I have no sympathy for them as most left on their trips in March, against recommendations. If they bothered to pay attention, they would have seen this coming in the beginning of Feb.

The Federal Govt is spending 130 billion to effectively become the nation's employer for the duration, for all those who have lost or are about to lose their jobs. Those unemployed before the lock down have been given a temporary boost to their dole cheques.

But with all that, in places like Horsham, Vic, where 80% of the population is elderly and the local hospitals combined have ventilators that can be counted on one hand, and fewer ICU nurses, an outbreak will kill thousands. The local nurses even now are being reduced to tears just contemplating it.
    hooroo, Errol www.engenia.com.au [139,200 km - and counting .....]

Member #
    I finally have agreed the deal about outsourcing my project. I've been working on it for several days and the most hard was looking for the team wich can work through outsourcing. Nowadays it's very important part. I checked https://spdload.com/blog/how-to-outs...b-development/ and followed all steps.
    Last edited by mariopepper; 04-17-2020 at 08:54 AM.

GBo
    Member #

This will make you laugh

My girlfriend buys lots of useless tat at Christmas like little ornaments, small model kits etc etc. So I found a bag I think from the year before last, it contained —
    a paper airplane kit
    a small size body wash and body spray set
    a motorcycle shaped pizza cutter
    an electronic kit to build a flashing Christmas tree
    a metal tinplate motorcycle
    a black motorcycle which looked sugar coated and possibly Liquorish toffee.

now you will understand I was intrigued by the last item, so I smelled it (didn’t smell bad a bit liqourishy ) and being adventurous I bit it.
    yeuk
    soap spit spit spit

thought it was odd anything edible would have gone right away.
    Kevin S, yamahamad and ron d like this.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    My girlfriend buys lots of useless tat .....
    a black motorcycle which looked sugar coated and possibly Liquorish toffee.

now you will understand I was intrigued by the last item, so I smelled it (didn’t smell bad a bit liqourishy ) and being adventurous I bit it.
    yeuk
    soap spit spit spit

thought it was odd anything edible would have gone right away.
    Now that made me laugh 😂

Member #
    I bet that had you foaming at the mouth

Name
    will tilston
    Member #
    Made a new DRL for my Ducati as I refised to shell out over £300...
    104 CREE chips later..

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    RobShed and Kevin S like this.

Name
    Rick
    Member #
    That looks a really good result ! , I hope you've posted that on the Ducati forum too ... .
    I've been doing more clearing up inside the garage .. going slightly crazy now !!
    RobShed likes this.

Sponsors