Wanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Emempee
  • 1 Post By ron d
  • 1 Post By yamahamad
  • 1 Post By bruceculver
  • 1 Post By Emempee

Thread: Wanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #

Wanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.

Iím getting old so wanted to move away from my R1 fetish and thought a street bike would be more suitable so had a Yam V-Max full power for a few years and loved the bike. Alas I had to come out of early retirement and sold the bike to finance my return to work in the UK (I live in Thailand). As Iíve retired permanently now I wanted a run around and was looking at the Honda 650f but the prices second hand here are horrendous, then I came across this Benelli and was struck by how similar the engine was to the R6. Went to see it and was quite taken with how this little thing is screwed together and after a test ride parted with the cash and transferred the documents. The bike was ridiculously cheap, 13,000 kilometres on the clock, needed a bit of tidying, new fork seals and tyres. Have round the bike for 6 weeks now and canít stay off it, itís not super quick but it doesnít hang around. I know itís not a pure Benelli and itís really all Chinese built (so is the iPhone) but it gets looks wherever it goes. The reason for my post is it would be good if a section could be raised for this much unappreciated Chinese cousin as it is helping some people to get into bigger bikes without taking out a mortgage and as they are very popular in Asia support from the forums would be of benefit both ways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-25ecc023-1baa-4ac6-9603-523f7a57ccee.jpegWanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-8169bd86-112d-4bc1-bd40-d74e73f06dd6.jpegWanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-dda02526-788a-4a7e-9e6b-444bb16171c3.jpegWanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-df586c8b-3da7-4d61-9796-54d9af7b301e.jpeg
    GBo, ron d, RobShed and 2 others like this.

Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    Hi, well done on your purchase and its great that your enjoying it, at least you can have your say in the biker bar and get noticed.
    Emempee likes this.

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ron d View Post
    Hi, well done on your purchase and its great that your enjoying it, at least you can have your say in the biker bar and get noticed.
    Thanks for your kind comments, I see from you profile your from Newcastle, Iím from Ashington and Iíd guess youíd know where that is. 🙂🏍

Name
    paul
    Member #
    Hi & welcome, its a nice looking bike. Interested to be updated from time to time how its going.

paul
    Emempee likes this.

Name
    Mohit
    Member #
    It is an amazing bike and i cant stay off of it too. The sound of benelli 600 is just amazing. It borrows engine from older R6 models actually. The frame is borrowed from Aprilia shivers.

This is how my benelli sounds.

<a href="https://youtu.be/Pf2MfHq5WGQ">Benelli 600i sound</a>
    I am a passionate biker travelling places ofcourse on my motorcycle.

Soulful Biker | Places to visit in Mcleodganj | Triund Trek | Soulful Biker | Benelli 600i exhaust sound

Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Emempee View Post
    Thanks for your kind comments, I see from you profile your from Newcastle, Iím from Ashington and Iíd guess youíd know where that is. 🙂🏍
    Yes it just up the spine road, done quite a bit of work up those parts (i am a joiner ) and some good friends from there.

Member #
    Couldn't agree more... Also loving my "Chinelli" that I stumbled upon while looking for something else. What pipe do you have on yours? I'm still looking for something compatible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Emempee likes this.

Name
    Maurice Picart
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceculver View Post
    Couldn't agree more... Also loving my "Chinelli" that I stumbled upon while looking for something else. What pipe do you have on yours? I'm still looking for something compatible.
    Hi Iím running a pair of aftermarket Akrapovicís which came on the bike but had to put dB Killers in as it was way to loud. No idea if their genuine but when I took the end caps off they are well packed and looked quality inside. Iíve also converted to hydraulic clutch which I find smoother and a little lighter in action. The digital gear indicator is certainly useful in town riding and was a cheap addition, the blue led is very visible in bright sunlight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-e54fbc96-341d-44f4-95b3-70df722f3c56.jpegWanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-ff5ff959-9637-4151-a800-e4420c6d3c33.jpegWanted to buy a Honda CB650 but bought a Benelli bn600J instead.-2d37af2b-4761-4da0-a3b8-5d0210bbbaee.jpeg
    ron d likes this.

Sponsors