Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Ireland Tour 2021 or 2022

I want a TreK. And a TnT. DivingDog's Avatar
    Name
    Dom Ruston
    Member #

Ireland Tour 2021 or 2022

Hi All,

I'd love to take the Tornado to Ireland and tour the West Coast / Wild Atlantic Way and it would be even better if we could get a few more Benellis together and make an informal event out of it.

It's impossible to fix a date right now and 2021 may still be affected by Covid, so all I plan to do at this point is gauge interest from you guys and loosely map out the length and itinerary of the trip. 2022 may be more realistic, but let's see...

Rough outline:

• two weeks door to door (traveling from Hertfordshire, England in my case), allowing 10 to 12 days actual touring in Ireland
    • tour the entire West Coast / Wild Atlantic Way from South-East to North-West (or the reverse)
    • potentially visit other areas of inland Ireland, should it fit in the overall plan - open to suggestions!
    • invitations are open to anyone who wants to join some or all of the trip

What's the plan?

• It's not going to be an organised ride-out: we don't have to travel in convoy together, or follow the same route. It would just be an opportunity to meet up with our bikes and enjoy some of the best coastal scenery there is.
    • I will be in charge of the 'official' itinerary, but people can join in as they see fit. I'm assuming we'll all have phones / whatsApp etc and would be able to co-ordinate that way.
    • I'm not going to be booking accomodation for everyone: it'll be largely up to you guys to make your own arrangements. That said, nearer the time, if we have confirmed numbers and dates there may be opportunities to book some shared accomodation / holiday cottages or bulk book a hotel or two.

Expressing an interest so far:

It's very early days, but I'll update this post over time and add more detail as plans develop.

Let me know if you're interested and I will add you to the list above (no commitment required!)

Cheers,

Dom
    Last edited by DivingDog; 10-02-2020 at 02:52 AM.
    Neil1400 and DenH like this.
    2003 Silver/Green Tornado #099, 2006 Ducati 999S Italia, 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900

Name
    Kevin Fitzgerald
    Member #
    If a group of you are coming over , after you doing 00's of miles to come here , I will see fit to do the 10 or so miles on my part to meet you. I'm in Clare - on the Atlantic Way.
    Can help with nitty gritty if you can make the big things come off.
    June / September best to avoid tourist high season

Kevin
    DivingDog likes this.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Well that's Kerry and Clare covered great roads in both counties !
    DivingDog likes this.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

GBo
    Member #
    I’m up for it if old duffers on tre ks are allowed?
    fredzedex and DivingDog like this.

No good with spanners.... fredzedex's Avatar
    Name
    simon stokes
    Member #
    Liking the sound of that Dom, however 2 weeks may be a bit of a sticking point for me, could probably ‘get away’ with 10 days. Let’s see how things pan out....

here's to another year of Benelli riding

TNT 899 (2013)
    Tornado 900(sold)
    MV F4 1000 (2010)
    TNT 899s (sold)
    Tornado 1130 (sold)
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.(sold)

Member #
    Yep gotta agree, probably 2022 and 7-10 days for me. For some reason family expect to have a holiday too!
    Pre Benelli, ZR50SL, RS100, BMW R50/5, RD400, CB350K4, GPZ550, CB900, 750 KATANA, GSXR750, FIREBLADE, TL1000S, 955i Daytona, GSXR 1100L, GSXR1000K6.....

Now; 2003 900 Tornado, 2008 900 Tornado, 2009 CR 1130, 2010 1130 Tornado...and the diesels...Ducati 1199s Panigale for when four italians are not enough... a 750 srad ....when 5 italians are too many.......and now an '81 Katana......to remind me how good modern bikes are...

GBo
    Member #
    Must say 10 days would be better for me

I want a TreK. And a TnT. DivingDog's Avatar
    Name
    Dom Ruston
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzedex View Post
    Liking the sound of that Dom, however 2 weeks may be a bit of a sticking point for me, could probably ‘get away’ with 10 days. Let’s see how things pan out....
    Quote Originally Posted by ianh View Post
    Yep gotta agree, probably 2022 and 7-10 days for me. For some reason family expect to have a holiday too!
    Quote Originally Posted by GBo View Post
    Must say 10 days would be better for me

Cheers fellas,

I figured not everyone could spare the same amount of time; that's why I'm suggesting a loose arrangement where I lay out the rough two-week itinerary and people join in for either
    • the days they can get off, or
    • the bits of Ireland they want to see

Ten days is more than enough to do the whole West Coast but you don't have to do the whole lot. Unless you want to.

I'm excited about it anyhow... even if it seems a long way off. Lockdown is sooo boring - gotta have something to look forward to!

GBo - I've added you to the list.

Dom
    fredzedex and GBo like this.
    2003 Silver/Green Tornado #099, 2006 Ducati 999S Italia, 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900

Member #
    We did some of wild atlantic way in August this year. Followed coast from Larne in Northern Ireland to Clifden in Ireland nr. Donegal. The roads are knarley and progress can be slow in parts, whats a short stretch on map turns into a long day on bike we found. We enjoyed the coast road in Northern Ireland also visiting Joey's bar, Giants causeway, Dark Hedges and NW200 course around Portrush. There are some great places to visit along the way and it would be great to visit again and hopefully the pubs would be open as that's one thing we missed out on. Looking forward to see what the plan is.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fredzedex View Post
    Christ Fred Ireland's not that big,you could walk around it in ten days 😀
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors