suzuki burgman
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suzuki burgman

Member #

suzuki burgman

any got one or had one or any of the other maxi scooters?

since my missus is 100kms away for at least the next 8 months, i need something comfy and fuel efficient and with reports these babies are managing upto 70mpg seems like a good idea.

nelli is too expensive on fuel and maintenance t use it for 200km motorway trips. and as i stay over and have to be in work 8am the following day i need something easy for filtering etc on the way back.

recommendations please
    If carlsberg made forums.... Benelli forum probably the best forum in the world!!

Name
    Steve Grundy (Pops)
    Member #
    One of the guys in our bike club has a burgman (can not ride a bike since an accident a few years ago) and swears by it. On runs out it lacks top end speed but will show up a few "all the gear" boys round the twisty bits funny as [email protected]@k watching him ride round wana be rossi's on a saturday morning.

Oh and he do the shopping too
    Pops never too old to play

2012 Amazonas
    2004 Cheap Tornado
    1991 K75 (don't laugh !!) now gone to the scrapyard in the sky since a scrote nicked it and crashed it
    2009 R1200GS (entered the darkside !)
    1984 full floater 750s Katana

Name
    ferret
    Member #
    If you are looking for a good all-rounder and a bit of a laugh the yamaha t-max is great .A good friend of mine got one to replace his triumph trophy and he swears its the best and he also tours on it over to france etc .,I borrowed it while the nellie was ill for a few weeks and i now have to agree with him .His has some conti attack type rubber and it does 100 mph + and cruised 2 up at 80-90 all day .If my injuries continue to play me up i will seriously look at one .

Name
    Shane
    Member #

Wink

My brother-in-law had two.
    400 and the massive 650 with folding mirrors.

The 650 I had a go on and that flew. I see 100 in a 60 on a country road. Mad.

I felt like a twerp to be honest, they're really odd looking things.
    Everyone I ever see on these things has a snotty dew drop hanging from there nose behind there chinless visors, no teeth, bad breath and a bloody beard.
    My advice would be buy a cheap 500 and join the biking community.
    Last edited by klinkerstinker; 01-25-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Deleted a bit of a harse comment. I do oppoligise.

“No, no, no.
    There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty & expensive and cheerful.”

Jeremy Clarkson

Member #
    thanks, my mate has a burgman and loves it..

I really like the look of the kymco xting 500s and gilera nexus 500s, but definately in the gileras case i suspect parts more expensive and elusive to find second hand.

decisions decisions...

and klink i am a member of the biking community already
    If carlsberg made forums.... Benelli forum probably the best forum in the world!!

Name
    Shane
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus View Post
    thanks, my mate has a burgman and loves it..

I really like the look of the kymco xting 500s and gilera nexus 500s, but definately in the gileras case i suspect parts more expensive and elusive to find second hand.

decisions decisions...

and klink i am a member of the biking community already

Oh yeh
    They do have a big following...This is a pic of my bro-in-laws that I had a spin on, and it's also a pic of the ebay photo I took. Worth a test ride just for a laugh.

“No, no, no.
    There's no such thing as cheap and cheerful. It's cheap and nasty & expensive and cheerful.”

Jeremy Clarkson

Member #
    650 is too big problem here is anything over 600cc you pay 1.71 per cc on import .

im not finding any decent examples locally. and im really in love with these

image hosting service

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Each to their own I say. It probably is really practical but I'd rather take my eyes out with a brick than be seen within 2 feet of one.
    What sort of price range are you looking at Angelus? Any other criteria or things to avoid (although if you are willing to consider a Burgman then I would have thought nothing is ruled out )?

http://www.suite101.com/content/fuel...cycles-a107195
    http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/Motor...onomyGuide.htm

I want a TreK. And a TnT. DivingDog's Avatar
    Name
    Dom Ruston
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by angelus View Post
    650 is too big problem here is anything over 600cc you pay 1.71 per cc on import .

im not finding any decent examples locally. and im really in love with these

image hosting service
    Hey Angelus - that looks pretty cool. Almost 'sporty'

Reminds me of the old Suzuki RF900 for some reason... I think it's the pointy nose?
    2003 Silver/Green Tornado #099, 2006 Ducati 999S Italia, 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900

Member #
    lee im basically looking at something comfy, with storage and economical to run and maintain.. as a pan etc is out due to duty here and tyre wear etc. i started looking at burgmans but they pig ugly , at least the gilera has style, adjustable suspension, brembos , nice touches like onboard computer for fuel consumption etc etc etc

and will look good with a jet helmet on down cruising along the seafront in the summer looking at the ladies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors