Hey trendsetters
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey trendsetters

Member #

Hey trendsetters

Here's some pics of a '74 Tornado I've just picked up. It's come into Oz from the US where's it's had kind of a hard life;

But it should polish up all right once I get a few bits and pieces sorted out for it.

There's a bit of damage and a few missing essentials;

But it came with a few extra bits like the tank in this photo. And in the wooden box under the tank is another complete engine;

It's my first Benelli but I've had a few mates who've had them, Tornado's and 2c's are two I recall. I also used to work years ago in the spares department for the NZ Benelli importers when the Tornado's and 2c's were current bikes.

I'm looking forward to getting this one up and running.

Good to meet you all.

Jedzo.
    Last edited by Jedzo; 08-19-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Good luck with getting it sorted Jedzo and welcome to the forum

Member #
    Thank you kindly

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #

Thumbs up

Nice one, it'll be good to see it cleaned up,

& I see a good old Beezer there too, so lets see the Laverda & Norton also !

Welcome

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    There you go Rob;

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #
    mmmmm, I think I have to go change my boxers !

Very nice indeed

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Here's the little Tornado coming along. Sort of an interim state with a few genuine bits from Detlef Burian and a bunch of universal stuff off the interweb. I've always like the way the 2S looked so I thought I'd see how close I could get to that without busting the bank on unobtanium. The little cafe seat doesn't quite work and is for a different project but it can stay on while the dual seat gets recovered and I search for a proper 2S solo job.

Last edited by Jedzo; 09-16-2011 at 02:54 AM.

I want a TreK. And a TnT. DivingDog's Avatar
    Name
    Dom Ruston
    Member #

Beauuutiful...!

Wow - I love that blue tank with the pinstripes. N i c e

That's quite a collection you've got there...!

Keep the pictures coming - great to see these classic Benellis

cheers,
    Dom
    2003 Silver/Green Tornado #099, 2006 Ducati 999S Italia, 2012 Husqvarna Nuda 900

Member #

She goes.

Well it's a runner. It's taken a bit to get it to fire into life but once it settled down it seemed to idle and rev okay. I don't know that I've got the carburation quite right yet and I've paid no attention to the timing. I'll keep noodling away at those things over the weekend. I wouldn't call it an easy starter from cold right now though. But once it's going it restarts okay on the starter and the kicker.

And the new mufflers aren't quite sealing to the headers properly. They might need a bit of packing and a dash of sealant. They're a bit larger than the headers and the adaptors that came with it aren't quite right but they were 1/4 the price of the pattern ones so they'll do for a while.

But it is going and I've had it down the street and through the gears. Blooody one up four down box like the Norton. I forgot that a few times.

It's not ready for rego yet, there's a small issue of no brake light and it's just blown the tail lamp. But I'd say it's not far off. It was smoking a lot out of one side when I first got it going and it's clearly a pretty tired engine but it's not as bad now as it was so maybe I'm just up for a hone, rings and valve guides. Here's hoping. At least I've got another engine in a box for it if it is trashed.

But she does go and that was by no means certain when I bought it. The guy that I got it off didn't know whether it would go or not and I bought it on that basis.

Man these over square engines sure like to spin up. Give it a wrap on the throttle when it's on the stand and it shakes itself backwards. Amusing to watch. I wonder which way the crank rotates?

Might shoot a little video of it over the weekend.

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedzo View Post
    Might shoot a little video of it over the weekend.
    Yes please.

I know what you mean about the 1 up 4 down. The 2C is the same. I thought the gearbox was shagged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors