Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 250c

RUSSBUS
    Name
    RUSS
    Member #

250c

Hi folks
    I have just bought a 250c and want to take it to IOM manx GP in two years time (just to watch not race).
    I want to hot it up a tad so does anybody have some tips on what to tackle, I am guessing that there must be an electronic ignition system out there that will make the bike run better and I could do with some tips on what exhaust system to fit.
    I do not want to do to much to the motor but any tips on how to make it a stronger lump would help.
    I am not a purist and have no worries about changing old bikes to make them a better ride so do not worry about suggesting things that would not be on an original bike.

Thanks
    Russ

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Without spending a bit, you're unlikely to get the same performance as some of the Jap machines from the same era and even then maybe not quite to that level. And what you have to spend to get that performance may be far more than the bike is worth.

Having sad that, you are obviously mad because you are a Benelli owner and none of what I said makes a difference anyway. Get your wallet out:
    http://www.faccioliracing.com/scheda...&idpadrerif=31

I asked Facciolo how much to do everything, the whole lot, it's €10k. I'm saving in between racing

If you're not aiming quite that high, the biggest gains are going to be getting it ported and a set of expansion pipes. Make sure the internals are up to the job though.

RUSSBUS
    Name
    RUSS
    Member #

250c

Thanks for that contact the site looks just what I need, I am not intersted in competing with jap bikes I just want to pep up the motor a touch and improve the running through the revs so electronic ignition and new pipes seem to be the order of the day.
    Ta
    Russ

Sponsors