750 sei engine finish
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 750 sei engine finish

Member #

750 sei engine finish

hello folks. Progress on the restoration is still slow, but always moving forwards. Sadly, just had the Royal Mail lose all my engine bolts which were sent to be re-zinced...wonderful of them. Serves me right, should have used recorded delivery.

Anyway, I've got all the bolt lengths, so no disaster. I am missing the gearbox selector drum pin/bolt which screws down through the upper crankcase...if anyone has one to sell ?

Can any of the experts here tell me the original crankcase finish please...bare alloy ? silver painted ? maybe painted upper casing only ?

cheers, Loz

Member #
    Congratulations for your project, hard but nice trip.
    About the crankcase finish I opted by a thin coat of silver hi temp. paint that looks like the original alumium.
    Good luck!.

Quote Originally Posted by lta01 View Post
    hello folks. Progress on the restoration is still slow, but always moving forwards. Sadly, just had the Royal Mail lose all my engine bolts which were sent to be re-zinced...wonderful of them. Serves me right, should have used recorded delivery.

Anyway, I've got all the bolt lengths, so no disaster. I am missing the gearbox selector drum pin/bolt which screws down through the upper crankcase...if anyone has one to sell ?

Can any of the experts here tell me the original crankcase finish please...bare alloy ? silver painted ? maybe painted upper casing only ?

cheers, Loz
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Sponsors