ordering parts from Detlef Burian?
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ordering parts from Detlef Burian?

egg motor fan
    Member #

ordering parts from Detlef Burian?

I'm at the point where I have to attempt a parts order from Detlef Burian in Germany. I've held off for a year, in hopes that he'll improve his site and make it more user friendly, but absolutely nothing's changed.

Using Google translate, his cart system doesn't allow one to add to an order- I have to first translate, and then go back to original site's German part-by-part to add to cart. And I still have no clue if the part is in stock or it's current price. Do I create an order and wait for him to get back to me with availability, pricing, and payment options? This is an awfully frustrating online commerce system that doesn't work for english speaking customers, and I've given up waiting for it to be improved or updated.
    I'm in the USA- how have others dealt with ordering?
    Last edited by sandman; 01-17-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Member #
    Just send Detlef an e-mail listing the parts you want and include parts numbers if you can. He provides a good service and is quite prompt. Good luck.
    Ian

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi,

I bought quite a few NOS parts from Detlef during the restoration my 2C and found him to be very easy to deal with.

As I'm totally mono-lingual I simply sent him an email with the parts and he responded with the prices. It worked well. The goods arrived quickly.

Cheers,

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Jason
    Member #
    Just got some fork bits, stantions ,etc off him

Great service, just emailled him...

Member #
    Ever I have had a very good service from Detlef. Simply email him and ask for any doubt.
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I'm at the point where I have to attempt a parts order from Detlef Burian in Germany. I've held off for a year, in hopes that he'll improve his site and make it more user friendly, but absolutely nothing's changed.

Using Google translate, his cart system doesn't allow one to add to an order- I have to first translate, and then go back to original site's German part-by-part to add to cart. And I still have no clue if the part is in stock or it's current price. Do I create an order and wait for him to get back to me with availability, pricing, and payment options? This is an awfully frustrating online commerce system that doesn't work for english speaking customers, and I've given up waiting for it to be improved or updated.
    I'm in the USA- how have others dealt with ordering?
    The site is a bit basic but it's worked for me and others. It's not a slick process but if you want hard to get hold of bits for Benellis then Detlef has proved to be a good source for many people. Not every company is up to speed in the world of the web or can afford the cost of web design, translation, maintenance, etc. If they can then that is usually reflected in the price of the goods. I'm not having a go, I'm just trying to offer an alternative view. Hope you get the bits you are after. Just email Detlef and he'll sort you out.

egg motor fan
    Member #
    Very good, thank you gentlemen for the advice and comments. I will get my order together and email him my parts numbers, and proceed from there.

Name
    ian scott
    Member #
    Frist time i have used them, Placed the order sunday night Via his web site got back to me today, with the price and post costs,Now that good sevice

egg motor fan
    Member #
    ^^ you must lead a charmed life!

I spent 40 minutes composing my order, going back and forth in German. Finally completed, hit "send order". It's now been four days since I sent it asking for prices, shipping costs, availabilty of the parts I ordered with no reply at all. Is Burian on vacation or ill? Anybody know?

Member #
    Simply send a mail to him with the list of the parts: [email protected]
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors