Chain size for a 750 SEI
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chain size for a 750 SEI

Member #

Chain size for a 750 SEI

Hi,
    recently I have changed the front sprocket of my Sei because noise in this area when accelerating from low rpm. Nevertheless after replacing it, the noise persists until gaining speed. It sounds like "crok, crok, crok"
    Chain looks aparently right, but because the front sprocket is new and the noise persists I suppose that is the responsable of this issue.
    Does anybody have experienced the same problem?.
    Could anybody tell the size/ref. of the chain for the 750 SEI.

Thanks in advance.

Carles
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Name
    Steve Siggins
    Member #
    Looking at my engine set up I could see slight side to side "play" where the engine sprocket mounts. Needed and extra shim to get it sitting right. Thought to myself that this must have made a noise until it was properly under load.....just a thought.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando6 View Post
    Looking at my engine set up I could see slight side to side "play" where the engine sprocket mounts. Needed and extra shim to get it sitting right. Thought to myself that this must have made a noise until it was properly under load.....just a thought.
    I just changed the engine side sprocket some weeks ago. It must not have any play. It must be mounted with a washer to fit without play.
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tucandugu View Post
    Hi,
    recently I have changed the front sprocket of my Sei because noise in this area when accelerating from low rpm. Nevertheless after replacing it, the noise persists until gaining speed. It sounds like "crok, crok, crok"
    Chain looks aparently right, but because the front sprocket is new and the noise persists I suppose that is the responsable of this issue.
    Does anybody have experienced the same problem?.
    Could anybody tell the size/ref. of the chain for the 750 SEI.

Thanks in advance.

Carles
    May be I am wrong but looking to the chain and its fitting to the rear sprocket, seems that the pin size is wider than necessary as the chain rollers have too much room between rear sprocket teeth. Somebody knows if it fits correctly according to the attached pic?. Could this cause the mentioned noise?. Thanks in advance.

Carles

Sponsors