750 no power
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 750 no power

Member #

750 no power

I planned to visit the WBW in the near of the Steinhuder Meer, but my 750 stopps working. I want to see the one cylinder of Rob. But regarding my issue maybe someone has an idea. I used the 750 to drive to my daily work. Overnight I got problems: Waiting for green light, the engine wants to stopp. Driving home after work, I noticed the 6th cylinder stopped working, the exhaust was cold. The spark plug smells like petrol. During a planned maintenance I replaced the contacts of the ignition. The benelli started properly and I wanted to start a tour. A few minutes later, after I put down the choke, i wondered the engine wasn't working well and starts to stutter again. But for my surprise, if I start to accelerate, but my Benelli response with reducing the km/h. I checked the fuel supply to carburators -> OK. I checked the sparks of all cylinders, only the 6th seems like not working. But outside of the engine, the ignition works well with a spark plug for test. And nevertheless, one nonworking cylinder should be the reason to slow down if you want to speed up. I hope my English is OKto make the problem clear.If you want to answer, please use simple, well known words. Thanks in advance

Member #
    By the symptoms you mention, makes me to think about the coils. Are you still using the original ones?. I experienced similar problems untill replaced the old coils by 3 Dynojet. Original coils give a weak spark, still worse after more than 30 years of use...To check the fault before spend money, you could change the place of the suspicious coil and see if the related cylinder shows the same problem.
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Member #
    I found out the reason. I used a tank which I bought a few month ago with a nearly new inner seal based on epoxy resin.The seal wasn't able to resist the petrol and dispers. I saw the little surprise after I dumped the fuel. In the meantime the carburators were cleaned wit airpressure. Today I mounted another tank and the carburators. Eingine is running fine,

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Good!. Even the impossible can happen in a Benelli
    Benelli TNT 1130 Sport EVO 2008 - Benelli 750 Sei 1977 - Moto Guzzi 65cc 1957 - Vespa Primavera 125 1977

Sponsors