Benelli 650S
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Benelli 650S

Name
    Grant B
    Member #

Benelli 650S

​Hi All,

I'm a newbie to the forum and would appreciate some assistance. Some time back I acquired a 650S which I am now renovating and would like to know more about the bike. The engine serial number is 3885 and appears to be an early model as it is kick start only. The manual I have shows the ignition system on the left hand side with the points behind a removable cover whereas mine is on the left hand side and the complete cover has to be removed to gain access. Anybody have any info on timing etc for this model. It is a pig to get started and I suspect the timing is out. I have fitted a pair of Bosch GT40T sports coils to boost the spark.

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Grant

PS I also have a Quattro 500 in bits which was imported from the US, but that's another story...........

Member #
    Hey Grant,

I too am working on a 650S, a '74 to be specific. I guess your bike would be considered a Series I? Any idea what year it is? Does it have the code plate on the headstock? Do you a owners manual? I started a thread titled "Getting '74 Benelli 650s back on the road"...check it out as it has a some links to useful info.

Name
    Grant B
    Member #
    I'm not certain of the year but suspect 1972 vintage (referring to the Benelli book by Mick Walker). No, there is no label on the headstock but this could have been removed previously. Fortunately I have the original manual but there are certain discrepancies. Will check out the links - thanks.

I could do with a better wiring diagram as the one I have is pretty battered.

By way of explanation, I had previously renovated the bike but due to work/life commitments put it into storage. It's in good condition but just needs a good tidy up. The tank is being repainted and once this is fitted I will take a couple of piccies and post them on the forum. I think the design of the bike is really good and for it's time was ahead of the pack.

Have you completed your 650S yet?

Cheers,

Grant

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Lee
    Member #
    Hey Grant, I'm working on a '73. Check it out at 1973 Benelli Tornado 650. I have the last section of the shop manual in pdf that has info on timing and a wiring diagram. Just email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to send it to you.

Lee

Sponsors