Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #

Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.

Hi,
    My name is Jerzy and I am a new owner of classic Benelli 750 sei 76 model.
    I am placed in Sydney and last October I bought the bike from ebay.au.This is a nut and bolt resto so no money is spared in order to bring the bike to its finest.
    It is good to be part of this forum hoping to get a lot of help from riders enjoying the same passion for Benelli bikes.
    Will post some photo as i go along with the resto.
    Cheers
    Jerzy
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-benelli-750-sei.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-candy-green.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-img_6337.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-img_6339.jpg
    The seat's base has been painted fresh and original cover used because the new cover is not as good.

By the way,.....Paint work is already done by Colide a Scope from Sydney.The color is Candy Green.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-frame.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-chrome.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-brackets.jpg
    just finished the front end today(27.09.2013),the front mud guard went for chrome job.
    Below: Paying attention to small details now, will be rewarding later on when the bike is finished.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-benelli27.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-instruments-case.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-nalepki.jpg
    Frame has been powder coated and fitted with roller steering bearings,and some other parts ceramic painted ,chromed or zinc plated.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-0485b16789.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-engine_head.jpg
    New bore to the cylinders makes it size 825 cc of capacity.Having all the engine,s parts ready for assembly rebuild soon start to happen.Engine Head has been already painted black.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-wheels.jpg
    Wheels have been polished and reassembled with stainless steel spokes.New bearings have been fitted in place.

The next step in order to achieve what will make the engine more powerful is modification to the crankshaft.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-wal-korbowy.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-bce9361635.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-crank_rods.jpg
    (Left)Above,stage 1 and stage 2 of possible modification to Benelli 750 sei crankshaft.(Middle)Shaved and balanced crankshaft for my bike's engine.(Right)Crankshaft washed ready for assemble.

Following the advise from Enrique from Spanish Benelli Club I am using CB 550 Four pistons and rings to fit them into my Benelli 750 sei.
    Increased engine cc with modified crankshaft will give hopes for more powerful engine.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-piston.jpg
    Brembo calipers and master cylinder are ready.
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-brembo.jpgBenelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-img_6369.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GeorgeE111; 03-19-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Member #
    Fitted a Yoshimura kit to my 750 back in 1975, brought it out to 903cc, revs to 13000.
    Still remember the Honda dealer puzzled as to why I wanted 1 & 1/2 kits. Phil (from Gove NT)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeE111 View Post
    Hi,
    My name is Jerzy and I am a new owner of classic Benelli 750 sei 76 model.
    I am placed in Sydney and last October I bought the bike from ebay.au.This is a nut and bolt resto so no money is spared in order to bring the bike to its finest.
    It is good to be part of this forum hoping to get a lot of help from riders enjoying the same passion for Benelli bikes.
    Will post some photo as i go along with the resto.
    Cheers
    Jerzy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benelli 750 sei.jpg 
Views:	2278 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	6502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	candy green.jpg 
Views:	1091 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	6504

By the way,.....Paint work is already done by Colide a Scope from Sydney.The color is Candy Green.

Name:	frame.jpg 
Views:	1034 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	6505
    Bike frame has been powder coated and parts assembling started to happen.Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-1bbb4563fa.jpg
    At the same time engine is being rebuild and I am not taking any shortcuts.

Name:	wheels.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	6507
    Wheels have been polished and reassembled with stainless steel spokes.New bearings have been fitted in place.

The next step in order to achieve what will make the engine more powerful is modification to the crankshaft.

Name:	wal korbowy.jpg 
Views:	2809 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	6546
    Above,stage 1 and stage 2 of possible modification to Benelli 750 sei crankshaft.

Following the advise from Enrique from Spanish Benelli Club I am using CB 550 Four pistons and rings to fit them into my Benelli 750 sei.
    Increased engine cc with modified crankshaft will give hopes for more powerful engine.

Name:	piston.jpg 
Views:	1432 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	6547

egg motor fan
    Member #
    This looks to be nothing less than a heroic restoration!
    I painted my 250 Supersport the same exact candy green- bellisimo.
    Welcome to the forum and please keep us updated as assembly progresses!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    This looks to be nothing less than a heroic restoration!
    I painted my 250 Supersport the same exact candy green- bellisimo.
    Welcome to the forum and please keep us updated as assembly progresses!
    Thanks Sandman,
    Thanks for you positive comments and yes,I try to do it right the first time so I am not harrying with this project.
    Will continue to add more pictures as I go along with the restoration.
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Member #
    Jerzy,

I am also in mid rebuild of my 1975 Sei.
    The bike is now fully dismantled and the frame etc is off to the powder coaters hopefully this week
    Not a job to be taken lightly but I am planing on taking a full year to complete.

I have found some part I need to source, at the moment the headlight mounting brackets (really only one) and I have no centre stand.

How did you create/locate the headstock bearings? I would really like to fit tapered bearings but cannot get accurate information.

Greg

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ghaywood;133416[COLOR=#333333
    ]

I am also in mid rebuild of my 1975 Sei.

How did you create/locate the headstock bearings? I would really like to fit tapered bearings but cannot get accurate information.

Greg

[/COLOR]
    Hi Greg,
    The pockets for roller bearing were custom made by a local trade's person so he did them for me.I got them chromed and fitted and I am very happy with the end result.
    The idea for the modification of frame head bearings came from Enrique of Spanish Benelli Club. So I have followed his suggestion as his hobby is to restore Benellis.
    I happened to ask for two sets of bearing pockets made and I had them chromed as well.
    I am happy for you to take pleasure in restoration of another Benelli 750 sei as it is beautiful bike so when finished you really will love it.
    cheers
    Jerzy

Name
    pip davidson
    Member #
    jerzy, can i say you are doing a great job on her, fantastic work and good skills, keep us updated with your progress, and you will end up with a great bike that everyone will want.

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pipdavidson View Post
    jerzy, can i say you are doing a great job on her, fantastic work and good skills, keep us updated with your progress, and you will end up with a great bike that everyone will want.
    Hi Pip,
    I guess there is no other way to restore a dream bike like doing it right the first time to avoid regrets. Thanks for your kind comments Pip regarding to what I am doing but I must mention the people who assist me with all the professional work they doing and they are all perfect in what they doing so I am very happy with them. It is just now that I get to see how people are connected to each other by sharing the love for motorcycles especially for classic ones.Somewhere in little sheds they keep their pride and treasure giving a machine another chance of life.I neglected one bike in the past,now I want to give life to another one and I will be in piece with myself.
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ghaywood View Post
    Jerzy,

Greg
    Benelli 750 sei 76 model restoration.-pockets-bearings.jpg

These are the pockets for the roller bearings with the nut to complete the set up.I did not apply the bottom seat as it is with the ball bearing because the bearing goes straight on the steering shaft and the runner is fitted into the pocket.Having done this way I needed to cut short the top nut with the Benelli badge on. Also,I needed to use the whole set of thicker rubber for the head light holders.Perhaps it is better to have that bottom seat applied also for the reason of keeping it tight with some sort filz gasket to protect the bearing from the water and dirt.
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by melvillent View Post
    Fitted a Yoshimura kit to my 750 back in 1975, brought it out to 903cc, revs to 13000.
    Still remember the Honda dealer puzzled as to why I wanted 1 & 1/2 kits. Phil (from Gove NT)
    Hi Phil,
    Did you do any modification to your Benelli's 750 sei crankshaft back then? How much more power did you get with the engine capacity increased?
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Sponsors