Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jorge

Thread: Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.

Member #

Unhappy Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.

I've bought a part finished Catria 175 to restore and having made a start on the wiring loom, I have found myself doing an awful lot of head scratching. According to the owners handbook, the generator should have two wires but the one fitted to mine has three: red, orange and black. Next up, the headlight seems to be a NOS item from a later 250, bought I believe from Cosmopolitan before they went down. It has a different light switch block and terminal block, as well as a two way switch on the left of the lamp.
    Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.-switch-assembly.jpg There is a green lamp on the switch too, which I guess is a 'lights are on' indicator.

Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.-terminal-block.jpg

Does anybody know where the wires from the generator should go to on the light switch please? The light switch is a CEV STG 0159 and has the numbers: 15-54, 57a, 56, 30 and 54A on the left, top to bottom, and 61,58 and 51 on the right. Does battery + (blue) to 30, gen to 51, dimmer/horn switch to 56, tail light to 58 tally with anyone's loom. The horn would maybe get power from15-54 and neg via the handlebar from 54A?

Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.-light-switch.jpg

I think these components must be from a 250 sport or similar, I have the original Catria wiring diagram as well as the one I downloaded labelled "for 3 wire wire flywheel magneto" but it's very blurred!
    Also, if anyone knows of a suitable rectifier and regulator, small enough to fit in the lamp shell, could you point me in the right direction please?
    I have rewired a couple of bikes before, but always with a usable diagram - this job is doing my head in though!

Nick, Kent, UK.

Member #
    Hello! I am Jorge, from Barcelona; I have a Morini-powered OSSA which fits the same CEV 0159. This engine runs a dinamo, attached the wiring diagram.Spaghetti and Eggs - wiring problems.-esquema-electrico-coloreado.jpg

Hope this helps.

B.r.
    Jorge
    Nick likes this.

Member #
    Thanks Jorge, that could be very useful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Hello! I am Jorge, from Barcelona; I have a Morini-powered OSSA which fits the same CEV 0159. This engine runs a dinamo, attached the wiring diagram.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Esquema Electrico Coloreado.JPG 
Views:	1987 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	11890

Hope this helps.

B.r.
    Jorge

Sponsors