Unidentified Benelli 125
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unidentified Benelli 125

Member #

Question Unidentified Benelli 125

Hello a few months back I acquired this Benelli 125 here in Malta

Sadly i do not have any paperwork and i am assuming it's a 125 just cause it's got 125 written on it.

I do not know weather it is a 2c or a Turismo and even though i am assuming it's from around 1978 I am not sure as the only picture i found on the internet which matched the color scheme was from another guy (from Greece) trying to identify his Benelli .

The bike has got Malta written in crayon where the number plate was affixed a common procedure when cargo is shipped to the island.

The first 2 photos are of my bike. The 3rd is the similar photo i found on the internet which appears more original as mine seems to have had the handlebar changed.

Unidentified Benelli 125-mybenelli2.jpgUnidentified Benelli 125-mybenelliconsole.jpgUnidentified Benelli 125-greece1.jpg

Does anybody know what model / age this Benelli motorcycle is please ?

Johan Galea
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Name
    ferret
    Member #
    I think you will find it is about a 1982 model Import . The bike is indeed a 125 and the only parts that really separate it from earlier models is the tank and paint job /seat cover /clocks and instruments other than that its the same as the se i had .

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    I think you will find it is about a 1982 model Import . The bike is indeed a 125 and the only parts that really separate it from earlier models is the tank and paint job /seat cover /clocks and instruments other than that its the same as the se i had .
    Thanks for your confirmation ,

couple of questions if you don't mind

Am I right in assuming the handlebar is not original ?

and is it a 2c / Turismo ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hi
    This model is one of Benellis slight variations on the 125 2c twin 2 stroke there was a 250 version of this bike mid 80's and I think almost certainly it is the 125 2c Custom and the handlebars are correct, as the saying goes not many around.
    Cheers Steve

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by benellioldman View Post
    Hi
    This model is one of Benellis slight variations on the 125 2c twin 2 stroke there was a 250 version of this bike mid 80's and I think almost certainly it is the 125 2c Custom and the handlebars are correct, as the saying goes not many around.
    Cheers Steve
    Thankyou for the information ,

first i ll try to get the bike working

if i manage ill try to register it as a classic since it appears to be original and a rarity ;-) .

Sponsors