New to me 250 2C
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New to me 250 2C

Member #

New to me 250 2C

Its almost a year since I saw this at a local bike shop. It took that long to get the title and soon it will be mine.Just have to pick it up when I get a plate for it. Its a runner, I test drove it and its quite nippy. Brakes are good but rear suspension rebound is non existent. Pipes are rusty,paint is so so,dent on tank.clipons are incorrect and will be changed first. Tach is missing glass altogether. Missing passenger pegs too.Other than that I love it! Anything else that doesnt look right please point out as I dont know exactly what model of the 2C series it is.

DBMG likes this.

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    I had 2 250 2c when I was 18 one was similar to yours and one was a latter disc braked bike both were brilliant wish I still had one .
    they are great bikes fast and full of character a great alternative to an an RD250.

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi,

Your 2C looks great - very complete with many of the hard to get parts. Not sure which series it is (I'll leave that to some of the others here on the forum who know more about model differences) but it looks like the later alloy cylinder series which we apparently didn't see in Australia.

I've done a couple of restoration blogs (2007 and 2013) and between my mates and me we've restored five of these. They are great little bikes and once the electrics are sorted they are very reliable. Consider rewiring the bike and installing a solid state regulator rectifier.

Links to my blogs are:

Benelli 2C Restoration

All the best with the bike.

Cheers,

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    ian scott
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bantam1949 View Post
    Hi,

Your 2C looks great - very complete with many of the hard to get parts. Not sure which series it is (I'll leave that to some of the others here on the forum who know more about model differences) but it looks like the later alloy cylinder series which we apparently didn't see in Australia.

I've done a couple of restoration blogs (2007 and 2013) and between my mates and me we've restored five of these. They are great little bikes and once the electrics are sorted they are very reliable. Consider rewiring the bike and installing a solid state regulator rectifier.

Links to my blogs are:

Benelli 2C Restoration

Cheers,

Tony
    Hi Tony, Have you got any info on soild state regulator, Going to try and get my 2c running right this year

Cheers Ian

PS great looking bike you got speirmoor
    Last edited by scottman; 01-26-2014 at 05:37 AM. Reason: add on

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hi Ian
    Your bike is a Mk2 version produced around 1973/74 with a bit of tidying it will make a great bike.If you want any parts or info contact Pete Rimmer at [email protected]
    Cheers steve

Member #
    Yes Tony I have your blog bookmarked and its a constant source of info. I believe these were marketed as "Phantom" here in the USA so still looking in to it. We've had some snow here in NYC so hopefully pick it up later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by bantam1949 View Post
    Hi,

Links to my blogs are:

Benelli 2C Restoration

Cheers,

Tony

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi Ian,

We seem to have the solid state regulator issue sorted out. After trying out a few eBay cheapies we bit the bullet and have now fitted 6V regulator rectifiers (model RR6-150) from Rooster Ignitions in the UK. I fitted an ammeter on my 2C to keep an eye on things and they perform faultlessly.

Keep in mind there is a little fiddly work and some electrical savvy required to install these. The AC feeds off the generator (lighting) coil must be disconnected from the ground and completely isolated. The two AC wires are connected to the RR6-150 and regulated DC 6V power is the result. Throw away the Aprilia mess in the headlamp shell.

I strongly recommend complete rewiring and, if you are not going concours, replacement of the dodgy control switches with some reliable Japanese items (wash my mouth out!).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tony

Member #
    Would regular engine paint be ok to paint the black fins do you think?

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    I used satin black VHT exhaust paint on mine last we'll been on for 4 years and still looks ok!

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi,
    In Australia the VHT engine enamel is available in two temperature ranges with the higher range recommended for car exhaust manifolds. I used this, in gloss black, for my barrels and also have four+ years use with no problems.

I had the barrels bead blasted (after first removing the rubber sound dampers) and I think this would be essential for a good paint job.

Cheers,

Tony

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsors