Help With Identification
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help With Identification

Member #

Help With Identification

Hi.. Ive just joined this forum so please bear with me as I learn to drive this thing.

I recently had the good fortune to purchase a deceased estate of motorcycles from a family of four brothers who had been racing and collecting for many years. The collection primarily consists of Aermacchi's, Bultaco Metralla's, the odd NSU, Puch, Parilla and a fair amount of Benelli single stuff.. What looks like 3 egg frames, 2 complete and what appears to be restored egg engines (one of which is marked ''Race Kitted"), a few incomplete egg engines, 175 2 stroke complete and restored engine, Motobi and Benelli tanks, clocks, tinware, levers/controls, new old stock piston kits and rings, brand new 22 and 24 dellorto carbs etc etc. The amount of parts is extensive and its going to take me some time to go through it all and document whats there.

I need some help with engine and frame numbers so that I can at least id the major components.. is there anyone out there who could help?.. Cheers.. Jimmy Dockyard

Member #

Motobi Bits and Pieces.

Hey there Jimmy. I can certainly assist you with ID'ing the Benelli / Motobi bits you've acquired. I've restored, raced, re-restored, and collected Motobi for nearly 20 years, and have a real passion for the mark(s). I currently have a Zanzani Motobi vintage racer, and a Motobi Catria Sport 175, as well as various motors and parts from 50cc bikes up to 750's, as well as vintage Ducati, Laverda and other bikes.

Feel free to email me with your list, and if you have pictures, that always helps. There are many distinguishing characteristics among the "egg" motors, their case widths, side cover cutaways, case designs, and several other tell tale items that are subtle unless you have a fair amount of familiarity with them...same with the frames and other components.

Hope to hear from you. Chris in New Jersey.

[email protected]
    201-681-0762

Quote Originally Posted by Dockyard View Post
    Hi.. Ive just joined this forum so please bear with me as I learn to drive this thing.

I recently had the good fortune to purchase a deceased estate of motorcycles from a family of four brothers who had been racing and collecting for many years. The collection primarily consists of Aermacchi's, Bultaco Metralla's, the odd NSU, Puch, Parilla and a fair amount of Benelli single stuff.. What looks like 3 egg frames, 2 complete and what appears to be restored egg engines (one of which is marked ''Race Kitted"), a few incomplete egg engines, 175 2 stroke complete and restored engine, Motobi and Benelli tanks, clocks, tinware, levers/controls, new old stock piston kits and rings, brand new 22 and 24 dellorto carbs etc etc. The amount of parts is extensive and its going to take me some time to go through it all and document whats there.

I need some help with engine and frame numbers so that I can at least id the major components.. is there anyone out there who could help?.. Cheers.. Jimmy Dockyard

Sponsors