'74 650 Con Rod Needle Bearing
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By atmellovw

Thread: '74 650 Con Rod Needle Bearing

Member #

'74 650 Con Rod Needle Bearing

Slowly but surely making progress towards getting my Tornado back on the road. While attempting to fit new pistons and wrist pins I determined that I needed new bearings for the small end. Wanted to solicit input from the forum regarding a source for suitable replacements or if I should use brass bushings instead? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by atmellovw View Post
    Slowly but surely making progress towards getting my Tornado back on the road. While attempting to fit new pistons and wrist pins I determined that I needed new bearings for the small end. Wanted to solicit input from the forum regarding a source for suitable replacements or if I should use brass bushings instead? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated!
    Hi,

I can't really offer any assistance, as I haven't touched mine, but I would check if the brass ones will be strong enough for the work they need to do. I am trying to chase rubber mounts for mine via the German company but they haven't responded to my email as yet.

Cheers

Brett

Member #
    Thanks Brett... indeed I am reluctant to go the brass bush route... too much time and money invested to not be patient and track down bearings. I do have some good leads so in time I will track them down. Which rubber mounts are you looking for? I have had many transactions with Detlef Burian and some with Benelli-bauer and despite my complete lack of a command of the German language I have found them both to be very responsive and super helpful... which one are you trying to contact?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi,

I have been in contact with Benelli-Bauer regarding the rubbers and they are coming back to me with an invoice, they seem fairly good so far. My bike had spent most of its life in a museum so very low mileage, 660 miles. So basically running a new old bike, she starts well and took her for a run yesterday over about a 40 mile ride and all good so far, tomorrow we have about a 150-180 mile ride planned so will be a good test. Basically all of rubber mounts are a it ordinary from sitting so I want to replace them all.

Where are you located?

I am in Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia.

Cheers

Brett

Member #
    Brett...I am jealous that get to ride yours...
    I have been working towards that goal for close
    to two years! I am located in a suburb of
    Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA). Good luck on
    road trip...should be an adventure!
    bantam1949 likes this.

Sponsors