750 Sei model help
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill75

Thread: 750 Sei model help

Member #

750 Sei model help

Hi everyone,

I have a 1976 750 Sei built in January of 1976. It has the 300 mm rotors as opposed to the older 280mm ones. Does anyone know when the bigger/smaller forks were introduced? Were the forks changed when the rotors were? This will make a difference parts wise when I rebuild the forks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill75 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a 1976 750 Sei built in January of 1976. It has the 300 mm rotors as opposed to the older 280mm ones. Does anyone know when the bigger/smaller forks were introduced? Were the forks changed when the rotors were? This will make a difference parts wise when I rebuild the forks.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi Bill,
    I have a 1976 Benelli 750 sei with 300mm rotors and 35 mm diameter inner forks.(See Benelliparts.de for the differences between the fork version I and II ) I can only guess that when rotors were made bigger,forks got its improvements too.The first version of Benelli 750 sei has ingition switch on left hand side of bike frame,and later models have it incorporated into handlebar bracket.As for the year when these changes were made I do not really know.
    Any chance to see your bike on a picture ? Thanks Bill
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeE111 View Post
    Hi Bill,
    I have a 1976 Benelli 750 sei with 300mm rotors and 35 mm diameter inner forks.(See Benelliparts.de for the differences between the fork version I and II ) I can only guess that when rotors were made bigger,forks got its improvements too.The first version of Benelli 750 sei has ingition switch on left hand side of bike frame,and later models have it incorporated into handlebar bracket.As for the year when these changes were made I do not really know.
    Any chance to see your bike on a picture ? Thanks Bill
    Cheers
    Jerzy
    Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for the info! I will try a photo soon. My computer has decided it will not allow me to send any photos, anywhere! It has a mind of it's own and just started this. I'll call the computer doctors tomorrow for help.

I have looked at your resto. Very nice. I'm the original owner with mine and it's time for that direction.

Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    750 Sei model help-lola-7-2-14-035.jpg750 Sei model help-lola-7-2-14-037.jpgFor Jerzy and anyone else, here is Nellie....in the beginning!
    GeorgeE111 likes this.

Name
    Jerzy
    Member #
    Thanks Bill,
    The bike looks very good and all it needs is some spare time and TLC.I like the candy green color and it will look even better when you blow the dust away.
    Cheers
    Jerzy

Sponsors