Benelli 250 2c bodges
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Benelli 250 2c bodges

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #

Benelli 250 2c bodges

Got this bike a few months ago and have found various bodges carried out by previous owners which I have mentioned in other post.
    But today have discovered the latest bodges ! no gaskets on the carburettor inlet manifolds and no cyclinder base gaskets!
    The bike does run but not very well I thought it was a carb problem but suspect fitting new gaskets may make the world difference

Member #
    May want to give the carbs a good cleaning and new gaskets. Slide opening and synchronization is important as well. Indeed the gaskets at the manifolds are needed. If you need carb tuning guidance just ask as there are some seasoned folks here that can help!

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    as a rough rule of thumb, the older the bike the higher the amount of bodges

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    Have got carbs all sorted rejetted and sorted float height it has been running, but lacks top end. I have drilled the inlet manifolds so that I can set carb balance with vacumn gauges when I get it back together

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi Richard,

I have to agree with Alan's comments - all the gaskets are essential. Make sure they are all fitted and everything is tightened down well.

My mates and I have all experienced top end power problems with the needle at the recommended setting. Whether this is due to the more modern synthetic oils we are running (at from 33:1 to 50:1) or something else, the problem has been instantly cured by dropping the needle - i.e. putting the clip in one notch up the needle. If you can follow that convoluted reasoning

Anyhow, our bikes were "bogging down" when the throttle was opened and never seemed to clear up. All fixed now.

Could you please post a pic of the mod to the carb to fit the vacuum gauges? As anyone with a 2C knows, getting access to the carby throats once those rubber manifolds are attached is not a lot of fun. Vacuum gauges would make the job a breeze!

Cheers,

Tony

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    Will forward a photo I did the alteration to my first 2c in the 1980s it makes setting the carbs very easy and makes pulling away better if both cylinders are balanced. I use Davida vacumn gauges they seem easy to use as soon as the vacumn is the same you can hear the engine running better.

Sponsors