Benelli Forum banner

Benelli 125 help needed

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  TXbenelli 
#1 ·
I saved a Benelli from the crusher. Now I am trying to figure out what I saved.
It is yellow and is labeled 125 2t Nuovo Leonceno.
No idea how old (I suspect early to mid '60's) and have not been able to find one on the 'net that comes close.
Checked the usual sources (Benelli web site included) and they do not have one that looks the same.
Ideas??
Curious dual sprocket on the rear; I assume one for off-road, one for on road.
Thoughts?
I do need some parts if I'm going to take it on for a restoration. Hence the inquiry.
Thanks... Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Sky

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for all the input.
I'm slowly realizing that the Wards parts and some small parts from other euro bikes will fit.
ebay has some nice items I'm purchasing.
It does appear that the motor will need to be torn down. It is a bit seized although I think it is just some piston ring/jug rust issues. Gonna pull the head and jug this weekend.
Will all the 125 engine kits work? (i.e. wards, Benelli) I see a need for some rings and seals in my future.
BTW, I am located just about in the center of Alaska.

#10 ·
Your Benelli is the exact same bike as the Wards Riverside Scrambler. The engine is exactly the same as the Benelli Cobra, Wards Riverside 125, and Wards Riverside Scrambler. Awhile back the inventory of Cosmopolitan Motors (Benelli importer and parts supplier) was auctioned off and there were an unbelievable amount of parts available and they were being sold very cheap on ebay by various individuals who attended the Cosmo auction in PA. While there are still quite a few parts available, some items have started to dry up and the prices have gone up. You might also consider joining the Wards Riverside Yahoo Group. You'll find a lot of people that are very knowledgable about your Scrambler. Good luck with your restoration. Here's a before and after pic of a Wards Riverside 125 I restored awhile back -

#12 ·
Info on benelli 125

Alaska,

I am in the same boat as you, have an old benelli nuovo 125 cc, so far what I have been able to find is appox year to be a 1966 or so, the wards riverside is the same thing but was manufactured stateside while the nuovo is the model from Europe, as others have stated I have found that ebay has been the biggest supplier of parts. The one that you saved have you found any additional info outside what was posted on this forum? I would also be interested in what VIN yours has stamped on the frame to see if it is a close number to mine to help gauge if they are indeed around the same number wise my vin shows 8902 with some letters in front, my father had this one since the late 70's and its just been sitting in a garage ever since has 734 original miles motor still turns over but because its been sitting I think I need to go through the engine and carb a little before I can fire it up and ride. Here are some pics of mine Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Sky Wheel Automotive fuel system
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gauge Fluid Measuring instrument

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.