Benelli 250 2C & Guzzi 250TS Parts Interchangeability
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli 250 2C & Guzzi 250TS Parts Interchangeability

Member #

Benelli 250 2C & Guzzi 250TS Parts Interchangeability

Well it looks like my search for a 250 2C is over as I've found one for sale. It needs a bit of work so soon the search for parts will start. I came across this Guzzi spares site Gawa Guzzi Moto Guzzi spare parts which seems to do a few bits which may be useful, which bits can I not use, apart from Guzzi tank badges obviously!

Member #
    Having looked through the site, it would appear that only a tiny number of parts are suitable and that would also depend on which model year your 2c is. Most of the parts on the site are for the Guzzi four stroke twin models and only a few of those fit the 2c's.

Member #
    There are a few things I think may fit, such as the complete front fork assembly at €405. Does anyone know about brakes and discs, I'm sure that I've heard of a twin disc upgrade using V35 or V50 parts?

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    As i hinted at previously it would help to know what year your 2c is! Also are looking to restore it to original trim or turn it into something else? Cafe style or what ever? The later (disc brake) models used the same stanchions as some v35's and v50's with similar lowers however i wouldn't call adding a second disc an upgrade. I say this because i found the single disc setup to be more than adequate, in fact i could do stoppies on it and used it on track without any issues. So adding a second disc would just be adding a big lump of unsprung mass! Though i appreciate it might look quite cool.

Member #
    The 2C I'm looking at is a 1981 model, ie alloy barrels and front disc brake. I haven't decided which way to go with it yet, though I am not planning to "cafe racer" it I may look at fitting rearsets and expansion chambers, as I used to find that the pegs and undercarriage grounded easily when I had my last one back in 1978, modern tyres are just going to make this more likely. The bike is quite complete and has only done 7000 miles but it's very scruffy with rusty rims and silencers. My old bike had the Grimeca twin drum front brake which, though I tried to adjust it properly, never had the stopping power of the disc on my friend's RD250.

Member #
    As you say ground clearance will be an issue if your planning on riding in the same spirited fashion that you did 37 years ago!! You will have to do some fabrication work with regard to rearsets as nothing bolt on is available and although there have been spannies made for the 2c over the decades they are thin on the ground and you may have to get a set made. With regard to parts interchangeability with the guzzi ts, its really only the body work that differed. The guzzi had a bigger tank, different side panels and mudguards. They will all fit, they're just different. Good luck with your project.

Member #
    Thanks for the replies Mr Orange, I may be older but I'm not much wiser than I was 37 years ago! I remember bending the exhaust clamps on more than one occasion, until I wised up and turned them through 90 degrees. I also recall grounding the centre stand so hard that it lifted the back wheel off the ground, I don't know how I got away with that! The thing I can't understand is how we didn't fall off more often, nobody warmed up their tyres in the 70's, we just jumped on our bikes, started the engines and rode off, my mate and I would be scraping footrests within 100 yards of setting off. I'll probably be a little more responsible in future and at least warm the engine and tyres before any more spirited riding.
    I take it that you've seen the Faccioli Racing website!
    http://www.faccioliracing.com/scheda...&idpadrerif=31
    Last edited by MikeBrown; 08-20-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Member #
    Yes and I've seen the prices!

Member #
    Basically anythg from the TS will fit the 2C. Some things are slightly different but they are only styling parts. I have a TS and everything is badged as Guzzi except for the clocks which are still badged as Benelli.
    There is a thread started by Wezzo on page 2 of this forum looking for 2C discs there a is quite a lot info about disc and fork options in there.
    As for a twin disc setup there are lots of options depending on how much you prepared to swap and how much you prepared fabricate, fettle and fit. To be honest the bike is so light with good pads the single disc is more than good enough.

If you want any Guzzi bits these people are very helpful. They only really deal with the four stroke twin stuff but are happy to measure and check bits for you. Gutsibits Moto Guzzi Spares & Accessories - Home

Member #
    Thanks for the reply Smokey, I'll have a look at that website in a bit, I've found three Benelli/Guzzi sites in Germany but haven't contacted them yet. From what you and Mr Orange say I'll see how I get on with the single disc to start with, I just remember sailing past my mate on his RD at a junction as his single disc was way better than the twin drum on my old 2C and I wasn't sure how good the disc braked version is.
    My initial problem is where to start work, all the chrome is shot so I need fork stanchions I know that much but may have to get the rest re-chromed. Do you know what size the wheel rims are, if it says on mine I can't see for the rust!
    Last edited by MikeBrown; 09-09-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors