benelli 125
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: benelli 125

Member #

benelli 125

hi can anybody tell me if there is such a thing as a benelli turismo 125cc? well i think its a 125 anyway, its an old old S reg with a green tank.. oh an its a single cylinder.. if anybody could help or even have any pic's that would be great..... cheers curt

Member #

125 t

I used to have one of these in 1979.They have no battery and so use a magneto supplying 6 volts.The gear lever is on the right and has a 1 up 4 down pattern,also an aluminium disc on the frontand petrol oil mix in the tank

BORE 56MM
    STROKE 49MM
    CC 119CC
    COMP 9.8 TO 1
    BHP 12.5HP AT 6500 RPM
    CARB DEL ORTO 22 MM
    WHEELS FRONT 250 x 18
    REAR 275 x 18
    PETROL/OIL MIX 5% or 50cc per litre
    TANK CAPACITY 10.5 litres

TIP 1 always close the fuel tap after use as the fuel will drain into the sump and make starting even harder than usual
    TIP 2 don't ride at night on unlit roads as 6 volt headlamp dims as you slow for corners
    TIP 3 if you have to do any work on the clutch watch out because behind the bolt is a plate behind this is a single clutch spring ,and when me and my dad took it of there was a twang and two gardens away the sound of a greenhouse smashing, we never did find the clutch acctuator
    TIP 4 rear light tends to blow i think it's used as a fuse for the lights..

you should be able to use the head gasket from the 250 twin as i used the 125s on the 250 when it blew.I will try and find a spares place if i can

Name
    Kurt P
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKNEYJIM View Post
    TIP 3 if you have to do any work on the clutch watch out because behind the bolt is a plate behind this is a single clutch spring ,and when me and my dad took it of there was a twang and two gardens away the sound of a greenhouse smashing, we never did find the
    PMSL

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

King of the Group-Buys Laurencewhite's Avatar
    Name
    Laurence White
    Member #
    Try this guy for parts. His name is Detlef Burian and he can supply most parts for all the Benelli's from the 70's era.

http://www.benelliparts.de/start.php?lang=en
    (select 'benelli teileshop' from the left hand menu then scroll down until you see the model. When you open up a section from the dropdown menu click on the part numbers to get a description and price)

These date back to 1975 and here's a picture of one (sorry, I couldn't find one in green)

Last edited by Laurencewhite; 11-13-2007 at 03:12 PM.
    Laurence

Benelli Tornado 900 LE No. 49
    Benelli 1130 TNT Titainium
    Benelli 1130 TRE-K
    Benelli 750 SEI
    Benelli 250 2c
    Benelli Motorella

Member #
    If you look at kurbelweelle getrieble of the above site part 55 was what shot out after releasing bolt 67. my dad then cut up an allen key to fit he had to use 5 or 6 hacksaw blades but it worked a charm. Anyway you might try SELWYN MOTORCYCLES
    7/9 HIGH STREET
    BALSHAM
    CAMBRIDGE
    CB1 6DG
    01223 893331
    They got all 1970/80 spares after speedscene closed

Member #

steve

Hi
    If you want secondhand bits for this machine please be aware that there were a few different versions of this bike all basicaly the same machine
    here they are Moto Guzzi 125, Motobi 125, Benelli 125, Co Uno 125. The last machine assembled in Britain by Triumph at Meriden in Quiet times in the 70s

Name
    Rob Edwards
    Member #
    Here's my 1981 125 Tourismo, needs a fuel tap & a crankcase outer cover but otherwise its original & unrestored

Name
    Rob Fitzmaurice™
    Member #
    Cracking looking little Benelli mate, looks quite tidy, what's the history of it ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Name
    Rob Edwards
    Member #
    TBH I dont really know! Its a local reg for me(LJ,Bournemouth).
    I picked it up at an auction,it was being sold as part of the estate of the deceased.Had a spare engine in bits & a photocopied handbook,for a Co-Uno actually, along with a factory parts book

Name
    Lee Hardy
    Member #
    Welcome to the forum Javabob. There's a few of us down this end of the country. Nice example you have there. So clean for nearly 30 years old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors