2c clutch cable....can't be right.......
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2c clutch cable....can't be right.......

FBM
    Member #

2c clutch cable....can't be right.......

I spotted the clutch cable unraveling, so I removed it to replace.

The barrel is on the clutch actuator side...no worries.

The perch side......it CAN'T be right, can it???? on mine, the bare wire goes through the spool adjuster, then out to the lever. In the lever mounting hole is a small barrel with a hole for the cable to pass through, then a grub screw to tighten onto the cable. Being a PITA to fit asside, it doesn't seem like a simple grub screw is enough to hold that damn clutch cable. Is my set up correct?

IF so...I"m about ready to bin that set up for a soldered nipple at BOTH ends. it would seem to be a hell of a lot more secure!

I don't have a manual, so I don't know what is supposed to be there........ thanks

FBM
    Member #
    I was able to find some picts of controls. Seems there are 2 different sets for the 2c (at least here in the states).

Set 1 has finger notches in the silver alloy pull handle. The perch itself is black and it has the intergral adjuster, with the ball bearing stop. It is split along the underside and adjuster for the cable install. Cable end can be put into the handle, and the cable pulled up into the adjuster and perch.

Set 2 has no finger notches in the alloy pull handle. The perch is silver alloy, and does NOT have the integrated adjuster. the solid (non slotted) adjuster threads into the outside cabled side of the perch. the underside of the pull and the perch do NOT have a slot for the cable. The cable has to be pushed through the adjust and the perch. Mine has the grub screw fastener on the handle side.

I definitely need to fix that. I'm figuring either put on the slotted perch and lever OR solder on a nipple, and make an adapter to fit the nipple in the handle.

My bike is titled as a 77 electronica. But it has the drum brake front end and the "set 2" type controls.

I am also missing the clutch actuator spring from down in the case side cover. anyone have one available????????????

Mike

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi Mike,
    My 2Cs are both Series 1 and feature the Tomaselli controls - easily identifiable by the big black
    knurled plastic adjustment knob. These controls are not easy to find and on my second bike I substituted
    Yamaha YB100 switch/lever blocks which have worked well.

I always solder the clutch nipples and would never use the screw on type.

I can highly recommend inserting a midway adjuster on the clutch cable in a position so it tucks under the
    tank. This gives you another means of adjustment when you are tweaking the clutch settings.

Cheers,

Tony
    South Australia

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

FBM
    Member #
    I made up a new cable with soldered ends, both sides using the Series 2 lever set up. It'll work, but yes, a mid cable adjuster would make life easier!

Sponsors