Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By GT5S_1985

Thread: Baby pictures

Name
    Charles McCall
    Member #

Baby pictures

Finally picked up my new (to me) 900 Sei this week. I purchased it about 3 months ago from a private collection, and it hadn't moved in nearly 20 years. It had some pretty ugly aftermarket 6-into-2 exhausts, but it was basically like new, under all the dust.

Registered for the first time in 1990, manufactured in 1987 from what I can tell. I had it bike refreshed - change all the rubber bits, fuel lines, brake lines, etc and it fired right up! Since the brakes were frozen when I went to look at the bike, I couldn't test ride it, so I was a little nervous. Would I like it? How does the Sei really handle? Would the reality live up to the expectation?

I took a short ride with the 6-into-2 exhausts and really liked it. Then I installed the 6-into-6 and HOLY SH&& does that sound amazing! If anyone is sitting on the fence about swapping exhausts, for me it transforms the bike. I can already tell that my fuel consumption is not going to be especially good, since it sounds sooooo good accelerating!

Anyway, I'm totally thrilled. The bike handles extremely well. I love the look. And I still can't get over the sound! I bought it to use fairly regularly- something considered heresy by at least a few people in the community, I have a rather pleasant route to get to work, with some nice, winding roads and exactly 2 stoplights... so if the weather permits, I plan to use it. It's what I've been doing with my Suzuki for the last few years - life it too short for a turbo-diesel every day!

Next step is to make a video to try to share that amazing Sei sound... stay tuned!Baby pictures-moto1.jpgBaby pictures-moto2.jpgBaby pictures-moto3.jpg
    RichardJ, yamahamad, ianh and 1 others like this.

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Charles,
    That bike certainly looks good and I bet it sounds good. Can't wait to see a video, and hope the sound quality does justice to the music.

Name
    paul
    Member #
    That is a lovely looking bike, enjoy.

Paul

Sponsors