250 2c has a mind of its own
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 250 2c has a mind of its own

Member #

250 2c has a mind of its own

hello me again, over a month ago my 2c died while on the way to a cafe racer event. didnt start for over a month.. replaced coils, leads, plugs and condensator. nothing helped and after a couple of weeks i bumped it and started to get back to life. now she starts but if you let her run for a while and want to set of she stutters and shudders really hard.. and after a while it clears up and she goes good.. let the bike idle for a minute again (or turn in of) and the problem reappeers..

i dont know what i can do anymore?? i replaced everything but the bloody bike hasnt run decent for once for over a year!!

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    Hi I assume your 2c has electronic ignition? It might be the electronic ignition box failing? When mine went on an old 2c I had it became difficult to start and ran erratically until it failed completely.
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

Member #
    yes it has the original electronic ignition, i replaced the electrical regulator (last year) but i tried with the old one and the problem stays the same), new coils, new leads, spark plugs, crank seals are new, bike has good compression...

im thinking about fitting a powerdynamo kit instead.. but ive trown so much money to that bike that id rather would sell it

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    John
    Member #
    Have you tried cleaning out the carbs and fuel filters in petrol taps etc.?

Failing that how about an exorcist?

Name
    John
    Member #
    I wonder if the fault is an intermittent electrical dry joint somewhere, or even a broken wire, caused by vibration, try bypassing the ignition switch, and various circuits and see if it's there.

Member #
    i cleaned the carbs again this weekend, drained the tank, the fuel taps... bike ran alot better, even started when it was warm but ran out fuel... put some fuel in it, tried to start it but again nothing.. plugs out and it was flooded. grab some other plugs and the bike started but ran really lumpy again didnt matter if the fuel taps were on or of it kept running lumpy and stalling etc...
    tomorrow ill look again to see if it cured again.

i also putted the bike up for sale because im tired of it... i just want to ride it and dont have any problems with it!

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    My 2c used to bog down when I first got it running, I cured it with a new air filter and lowering the main jet size! These bikes were made to run on higher octane fuel than the Eu Cillit Bang fuel with ethanol in it. They like more air to fuel to run properly, try dropping the needles on the slide by a notch to see if this helps?
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by R Powell View Post
    My 2c used to bog down when I first got it running, I cured it with a new air filter and lowering the main jet size! These bikes were made to run on higher octane fuel than the Eu Cillit Bang fuel with ethanol in it. They like more air to fuel to run properly, try dropping the needles on the slide by a notch to see if this helps?
    the jetting is good (the bike goes really really well once it goes), the needless are in the middle position.. so drop it?

i think the main problem is flooding the bike... so tomorrow ill see what happens.

RUSSBUS
    Name
    RUSS
    Member #

air filters

Before you sell the bike off, try new clean and undamaged air filters, I ran a 2C last year at the manx GP (not racing just posing) and it ran great all week then on the Thursday it started to play up like yours and on the Friday just before the roads closed for the senior race it got real lumpy so I pulled over to avoid disturbing the race.

When we got it back to Blighty the cheap K&N style Air filters (but not K&N original's) had split, I taped them up and the bike ran like a dream again and started without a hitch.

Name
    John
    Member #
    If it's flooding, then the problem is most likely the float valve either sticking or leaking, or a sinking float, but you say the flooding is intermittent, so I'd be looking at the float valve. I would be looking at the fuel tap(s) if it still floods with them turned off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors