Tornado 650 1973 headlamp bowl wiring
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tornado 650 1973 headlamp bowl wiring

Name
    Clive Clark
    Member #

Tornado 650 1973 headlamp bowl wiring

Hi, do any of you wonderfully dedicated Benelli owners have a photo/image of the wiring in the headlamp bowl for a Tornado twin please? I have searched google images to no avail and was trying to assist a relative who has just bought one. I have owned a Beta and a Fantic trials bike, and admire the Italian stuff. I had never seen a Tornado twin before, and have to say I was most impressed with what a beautiful bike it was. Can't believe there weren't more of them around in the day? Any help appreciated. Thank you!

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hi
    Is your friend in the Benelli Motobi Club because if he is I can put him in touch with a fellow member who owns one these fine bikes. Presume he lives in Suffolk, that would be ideal
    Thanks Steve

Name
    Clive Clark
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by benellioldman View Post
    Hi Is your friend in the Benelli Motobi Club because if he is I can put him in touch with a fellow member who owns one these fine bikes. Presume he lives in Suffolk, that would be idealThanks Steve
    Dear Steve, sincere thanks for reply. Yes, I believe he has just posted off a cheque to do so (apparently you can't join online if that is the same club??). All the best.A big help would be to find out what the three coloured dash/ignition warning lights mean: is the red light oil or generator? is the yellow light high beam?Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hi
    The Green light is the generator and the red light is the oil warning
    Cheers Steve
    Ps if the cheque arrives in the next few days then I am sorry I will not be able to answer and send a member pack for another 21 days but I will answer any queries that your friend has and he will be able to ask tech questions etc

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Clive,
    I saw a 650 Tornado at Bikehead in Haverhill about a week ago. Maybe that was the same bike as it also had wiring problems.but if not, and as. that is in Suffolk, I would suggest that you call Pete and he may be able to help your friend. Failing that, he could put you in touch with the owner ( assuming it's not the same person ).

Member #

Headlamp bowl wiring

Hi one and all, I'm Brewstea's friend, also known as his dad! I'm not having a lot of luck with the electrics on this bike, and have spoken to the dealer who is agreeable to take it back to sort it, so all is not lost. I've not had one of these before, and not having a manual doesn't help. My first concern when I got it and rode it round the block was identification of the warning lights.
    This is what I found ;
    Yellow lamp flickering on start up, then goes out when engine revved a bit. I thought this was the oil warning lamp.
    Green lamp = neutral indicator, proved by selecting gear then back to neutral = off then on ok.
    Red lamp I thought was battery charging lamp. This one was either off, or on permanently - it didn't go out with increase in revs.
    checking wiring diagram, strike one is that there is no oil warning lamp shown, so if that's correct, the yellow lamp is ( or could be))
    the battery charge lamp.
    the Green is definitely neutral indicator.
    The red lamp is definitely the main beam warning lamp - off when on dipped beam, then on when main beam is switched on.
    i had a mishap with the CEV combo switch as when I pressed it down, it sparked, so I had to make a new rocker from a bit of Tufnell and all is ok with that now. At first, selecting the indicators, they took an age to come on so today I've been checking for, and finding / rectifying bad connections. Now they work as they should. One odd thing I've found is that the brake light only illuminates when both brakes are applied - is that as they're wired, or do I have another fault? Work continues!!! ps the bike was MOT'd when I bought it.

Sponsors