2c electrical question
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2c electrical question

Member #

2c electrical question

hello, due to a faulty light coil on my 2c (wich is replaced by now) a condensor/resistor (?) burnt thru (twice) wich causes the headlight to run on 24v... can anyone tell me what it is and where i can get it so i can soulder a new one in? (sorry for the poor explanation im belgian)
    thanks in advance.

Member #
    Not original but better units available from Electrex in the UK or Elektronik Sachse in Germany

Name
    Tony
    Member #
    Hi, The original regulator/rectifiers for the 2C are pretty primative. This assembly is later than that on my bikes but would still be prone to failure and could be responsible for the early demise of your lighting coil. There are a number of better options available - from a complete system change-over to something like the Power Dynamo arrangement or even something you can do yourself. If are familiar and at ease with electronics then pm me and I will send you details of the changes I made to my bikes. Cheers, Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Ricardo Ramalho
    Member #
    That is a diode and they're widely available in electronics shops. You can either weld a new one and see how it works (attention - it's got POLARITY) or buy a better rectifier. I had a similar problem with a later 125 Sport and fitted a rectifier/regulator from Boyer Bransden Electronics Ltd. They only have a 12 Volt version so I had to replace bulbs with LEDs to reduce consumption, horn and indicator relay. The plus side is it works without a battery, so I have one less battery to worry about.
    See this thread: https://www.benelliforum.com/forum/cl...-problems.html

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rjramalho View Post
    That is a diode and they're widely available in electronics shops. You can either weld a new one and see how it works (attention - it's got POLARITY) or buy a better rectifier. I had a similar problem with a later 125 Sport and fitted a rectifier/regulator from Boyer Bransden Electronics Ltd. They only have a 12 Volt version so I had to replace bulbs with LEDs to reduce consumption, horn and indicator relay. The plus side is it works without a battery, so I have one less battery to worry about.
    See this thread: https://www.benelliforum.com/forum/cl...-problems.html
    do you perhaps have a value of the diode? thats what im searching actually..

Name
    Ricardo Ramalho
    Member #
    I can check it and tell you. But I think if you take the part to the shop they might be able to tell you what it is.
    Anyway, tomorrow I'll update you

Name
    Ricardo Ramalho
    Member #
    Well, the reference I have on my old rectifier is SKE 4F2/06 but I'm sure you'll find several equivalents. Let me know how it went

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    That's a silicon diode rated at 600v and 2A with a 450nS recovery time. I think a 1N5408 will do fine with 1000v and 3A. Maplin sell them.

I have the circuit diagram of the box at home. It's a sophisticated design to make best use of a weak alternator. That doesn't mean it's a good design. I think it's a controlled rectifier like the morini or vespa setup.

Ducati electronica made a lot of these. Ducati started out making radios and similar before branching into motorcycles later. By the 70s the two parts of Ducati were well separated.

Sponsors