250 2c/ 250 ts guzzi levers
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wezzo

Thread: 250 2c/ 250 ts guzzi levers

Member #

250 2c/ 250 ts guzzi levers

Hi
    I am trying to source front brake lever (drum brake) and clutch lever for my 2c...I'm guessing the guzzi 250ts levers are the same....
    If anyone has a pair squirreled away i'd be keen to buy.
    cheers.

Member #

Levers

Im guessing that these levers are either hard to find or expensive. What I did was have some new cables made with different nipples and then use Jap levers off an RD/TY/YZ. I believe you may be racing this 2C so you should consider what goes in your crash box as you'll need spares. Also if you use general fitment stuff and have a prang some good soul in the paddock will have spares. Put it this way. If you drive all the way to Angelsey and the bike falls of the stand and snaps a lever that's your weekend done.

Whats the plans for for next year with the racing? My 2C will be out with the BHR who look to have a pretty good programme planned
    R Powell likes this.

Member #
    Yes that was the plan, do it the easy way, but i really like to keep some things original. I bought the bike as an old heap and it had gone over on both sides and both levers snapped....Most people strip their 2c's for the track and have boxes of bits and i was hoping that someone would have some stashed away..I have seen some on subito.it and on ebay but not for drum brake....
    I will keep looking for now it's not urgent as still have a bit to do.....
    regarding racing etc i'll prob parade for a while to get the feel of it again but not sure, yes i like the BHR they have decent venues and good value for races....
    cheers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy.T View Post
    Yes that was the plan, do it the easy way, but i really like to keep some things original. I bought the bike as an old heap and it had gone over on both sides and both levers snapped....Most people strip their 2c's for the track and have boxes of bits and i was hoping that someone would have some stashed away..I have seen some on subito.it and on ebay but not for drum brake....
    I will keep looking for now it's not urgent as still have a bit to do.....
    regarding racing etc i'll prob parade for a while to get the feel of it again but not sure, yes i like the BHR they have decent venues and good value for races....
    cheers.
    Im one of those blokes with the box of bits. I’ll have a look when I go out to the garage next. I need to have a dig around as Russbus wants some carbs off me. I’ll let you know what I have via PM

Name
    Chris's Techno Parlour
    Member #
    Hi
    I think these are Verlicchi levers as fitted to early Ducati and Laverda. They can be found for less but generally about 75 quid a pop in good nick. Benelli might have made run of the mill bikes but they fitted the best. Same clutch lever on the panther/cross but the brake lever has a cutout in its clamp.

Member #

levers

Hi
    Cheers for that..Agreed about the quality, my old 2c is a 1972 model, the original levers are different to the ones that i have bought from Detlef Burian, that are original for that year, so modified slightly and have them working now..I will have a look at Verlicchi as always good to have spares, and they may well fit correctly in to the lever holders/cable adjusters that i have.
    Makes sense that they are early Ducati ones as a lot of the early Ducati singles stuff does fit/suit the 2c...
    Always on the look out for good spares, i think next on the list is some slightly larger carbs as my dellorto's are stock vhb 22's and could do with slightly larger..?
    cheers again.

Sponsors