Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system

Hi all in Benelli land.
    I am at the very early(planning) stages for building a 500 four Pasolini Race Replica but I am only going to use it for parading to start with. Got an engine and an LS frame(result!) and now trying to source the rest. Selwyn is doing the engine so I have no worries on that front but what I really want is a 4 megaphone exhaust as per the Paso bike of the early seventies. I know that the guy in Spain produces them but to my eye they are not the same, nice but not identical. I feel sure someone in Italy is making them as I have seen 2 replicas there with pipes spot on.The first image is the Works machine the second an Italian replica although it is in fact a 350cc.

Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-side-view-works.jpgName:  350 racer.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  8.0 KB
    If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be really helpful

Thanks

Ian

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

Exhaust system

Hi everyone
    I have found someone in the UK who can do me a complete hand made system as a one off BUT he does not at this stage want to do any more so please don't ask me for details.
    Thanks everyone.

Ian

Name
    John
    Member #
    Well done, don't forget posting some pics. Have you looked on the Ebay.india site? they make all sorts of weird and wonderful parts for their Enfields, some of which could be altered for possible use on your race replica, like seat base, tank, handlebars, controls, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #

Parts

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren...reviousPage=lr

I built the 350 and used this guys exhausts for my build. Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-2-ad1v3781.jpghttps://link.marktplaats.nl/m1251061912

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

Pasolini racer

Hi
    Many thanks for the info. I have got his details. I do like the look of his original muguard with eth proper rivets and stays but it is pretty expensive at E156.
    I see he does the Benelli stickers for the side of the fairing which I need so I will probably drop him an email next week as I am planning on ordering the fairing through Howard at Disco Volante. I will start a thread when I have something to show but at the moment all I have is a collection of bits and I am sourcing the parts first with a view to a dry build over next winter with a target of a running bike for Scarborough 2019. Thanks for the help and any further advice or pitfalls would be appreciated.
    Ian

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by p65crosser View Post
    Hi
    Many thanks for the info. I have got his details. I do like the look of his original muguard with eth proper rivets and stays but it is pretty expensive at E156.
    I see he does the Benelli stickers for the side of the fairing which I need so I will probably drop him an email next week as I am planning on ordering the fairing through Howard at Disco Volante. I will start a thread when I have something to show but at the moment all I have is a collection of bits and I am sourcing the parts first with a view to a dry build over next winter with a target of a running bike for Scarborough 2019. Thanks for the help and any further advice or pitfalls would be appreciated.
    Ian
    I bought the mudguard but I would not recommend it! Build was terrible I basically stripped it apart and rebuilt it myself sooo bad and when I bought it it cost £250!! money for old rope....

On my build I retained the electric start and built the battery and reg/rect into a framework under the seat hump, the electric start button is hidden just under the edge of the tank, also fitted electronic ignition by Newtronic its cheap but works perfectly.

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

racer build

Quote Originally Posted by Traydaloor View Post
    I bought the mudguard but I would not recommend it! Build was terrible I basically stripped it apart and rebuilt it myself sooo bad and when I bought it it cost £250!! money for old rope....

On my build I retained the electric start and built the battery and reg/rect into a framework under the seat hump, the electric start button is hidden just under the edge of the tank, also fitted electronic ignition by Newtronic its cheap but works perfectly.
    Thanks for the advice on the mudguard. I have to say it looked a bit rough in the photos. I have a good picture of the works front end and I am sure my metalwork man can do a better job. I want to get a set of Benelli stickers for the side of the fairing as per the picture in the first post. Any ideas? They need to be of a type that can be sprayed with clear lacquer. Also want the Lion transfer for the tank. The Club have stickers but Pete Rimmer said he would not use them on the tankas you cant spray over them. Again any sources?
    By the way whose fairing did you use and how easy was it to fit/modify?
    Regards

Ian

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by p65crosser View Post
    Thanks for the advice on the mudguard. I have to say it looked a bit rough in the photos. I have a good picture of the works front end and I am sure my metalwork man can do a better job. I want to get a set of Benelli stickers for the side of the fairing as per the picture in the first post. Any ideas? They need to be of a type that can be sprayed with clear lacquer. Also want the Lion transfer for the tank. The Club have stickers but Pete Rimmer said he would not use them on the tankas you cant spray over them. Again any sources?
    By the way whose fairing did you use and how easy was it to fit/modify?
    Regards

Ian
    Hi Sorry cannot remember where I got the decals, it was just a google search. They were waterslide ones though. Other bits I can remember below.
    There is a lot of fabrication work to build these, for me I did not want to see a battery I wanted it open through the frame so as I said I built a framework that the hump of the seat fitted over, this frame then had an aluminium base to mount the battery, starter solenoid on, the regulator is under the tan in the open frame area and high enough up to be out of site. Tarozzi rear sets were used mounted to hand made ally brackets which in turn bolted to newly welded lugs on the frame. If you need to see photos just ask.

Carb Trumpets from Eurocarb .................................................. ...................perfect fit

Tank, Seat and fairing from John Clarijs Europoly......................................Not plug and play. Poorly made products, fairing out of shape

Megaphones, front pipes, baffles from
    Anton Bovee.......................not plug and play. You have to make these fit

Shocks are NJB

Member #
    Tarozzi Rear SetsPasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191550.jpgwith homemade alloy mounts
    Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191436.jpgClocks on for road use, original top yoke with handle bar mouldings removed (hacksaw and file lol)
    TrumpetsPasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191556.jpgDIY fairing brackets, tubing courtesy of B&Q
    Tank lifted to one side so you can see the location of the starter buttonPasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191632.jpgand a rubber mount the tank sits on, two at the front two at the rear
    Pasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191648.jpgLooks a little untidy with the electronic box at a diagonal but that's the way it fits inside the seat hump, number plate and brake light fitted, brake stop works off front brake so neat and tidyPasolini Race Replica Exhaust system-20180424_191523.jpg

Sponsors