Thanks for clicking! I have some questions concerning my new restoration project!
- How do I tell if I have a 1972 650 Tornado, or a 650 Tornado S
- Now that I think of it. How do I tell if I have the right year!
- Where can I find parts? I need a new jug and piston. Also thinks like side covers and a seat.
- How do I get the jugs off?
- (This might hurt to read) Where is the oil plug?
- Is there a dipstick?
Thats all the questions I have for now, Thanks for reading!
Last edited by DaBaby; 05-06-2018 at 08:17 PM. Reason: More questons
Hi, the benelli motobi club should be able to help you,
2) The electric start model commenced in 1971/2 and remained the same until the end of production, The S2 model had only cosmetic changes such as black painetd crankcases and plastic windsrceen.
3)Dont know where you are UK, US, Canada but suspect that US by description of the cylinders as "jugs" That has a completely different and more enjoyable meaning here in the UK. If you are in the US several "jugs" available on Ebay right now. The rest of the spares are available in Germany from Benelli Baur and Detlef Burian. Benelli Baur bought the complete inventory of Cosmopolitan Motors the US importer when they closed down.
4) Very carefully without the use of levers and hammers. Get a copy of the workshop manual see Ebay.
5)There is not an oil drain plug as such. You have to drain the oil by removing the sump plate (remove the 4 retaining nuts on the plate) and gently removing the plate. there is a plastic strainer which should be removed and cleaned but again be gentle as this gets brittle with age.
6) No dipstick! there is a plastic sight window on the side of the crankcases to check the oil level.
If you want to see the various models semd me a PM with your email and I will send you a copy of an article I wrote for the Benelli Club GB magazine which will really confuse you.
2. Gif me your frame and angine number.
3. In Germany you can by parts online using the original spareparts sheets.
4. 5. and 6.I can sent you a copy of the Original manual.
The International Benelli Tornado 650 Register