12v 2c
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By R Powell

Thread: 12v 2c

Member #

12v 2c

Hello everyone, ive completely had it with the useless 6v electrics and regulator. So i would like to create my own loom with a 12v system.
    Can the original dansi ignition give that and if so what components do i need to make a new regulator,(the spool gives 24vac when going full throttle) or do i have to go powerdynamo?

Ive looked at schemes to make a simple regulator wich is made of a rectifier, a zenerdiode and a resistor.. unfortunatly i dont know the values of those components

The reason i want 12v electrics is because im doing a 3000km journey on my 2c (from belgium to the benelli museum and back) and im gonna need 12v to charge the phone/gps.

Any tips or information is fully welcome
    thanks in advance!

Member #
    If the wiring is anything like the 250 2C I think it will be complicated converting to 12V. On my 250 2C the reg/rec was fried when I bought the bike so I fitted a PowerDynamo and that wasn’t straightforward as their wiring diagram isn’t quite correct.
    I think that the standard reg/rec has an output to the battery to power stoplights, horn and indicators, another for the headlight and one more for the main beam so is not a simple swap.
    Have you considered fitting a 6V halogen headlight bulb and LED bulbs for the indicators and tail light, that would give the charging circuit an easier time and give better lighting performance, it’s what I planned to do when I first bought my bike.

GBo
    Member #
    You could try one of these. I haven’t tried one personally but it could work.
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...Qwg8INQ&adurl=

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard Powell
    Member #
    That unit is only 12v 1amp and won’t run the lights, I have fitted a 6v halogen headlight bulb in a 125 Benelli and it’s very good. Fitting Some led bulbs will help with the battery draining. The headlight bulb is 6 v ac on a 2c. The powerdynamo is very good but on early 2c and Moto Guzzi is hard to fit. Later disc brake models are better to convert and retain the original wiring. They also start and run better!. I took a 2c to Pesaro and had a great week covering nearly a 1000 miles whilst I was there.
    ron d likes this.
    The Benelliman
    1981 Benelli Sei 900
    1989 Benelli Sei 900
    1976 Benelli 125 Enduro
    1981 Benelli 250 2c
    1976 Benelli 250 Quattro
    1992 Ducati. 907 ie

GBo
    Member #
    Sorry thought you wanted to charge the phone and run the satnav.

Name
    Cosmos
    Member #
    You could look into fitting a boyer power box. As long as you have power out of your present generator, the unit is an accumulator and gives a solid 12v which you can feed a battery or the lights from. I've done it on a 6 v moto morini and if you use LEDs the load on the feeble generator allows an H4 55/60 W 12v conventional bulb to be used. A good solution. I haven't even used a battery as the performance is good enough for an enduro machine. As a result, way better lighting, and as a bonus the load on the wiring goes down, so very little modifications needed.
    Last edited by Cosmo; 10-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Name
    Cosmos
    Member #
    See Boyer Bransden in the UK. Search boyer power box. The mod is completely reversible if your loom is OK. You'll just have the ignition system to check, but I don't know how the 2c is wired or whether you may wish to go electronic 12v.

Sponsors