650 Tornado series 1
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 650 Tornado series 1

Member #

650 Tornado series 1

A couple of years ago I purchased a 650 Tornado series 1. I had never seen one before. A week later I saw another one on craigs list and bought it also. Both wear tags for 1970 production.I got the first one running and roadworthy. Both were missing parts. I have done some research on these bikes on the internet but I am unable to find much information on these early models. Does anyone know the production numbers for these bikes? I have also been trying to locate a seat as I have only one. Anybody got one they would be willing to part with?

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    A couple of years ago I purchased a 650 Tornado series 1. I had never seen one before. A week later I saw another one on craigs list and bought it also. Both wear tags for 1970 production.I got the first one running and roadworthy. Both were missing parts. I have done some research on these bikes on the internet but I am unable to find much information on these early models. Does anyone know the production numbers for these bikes? I have also been trying to locate a seat as I have only one. Anybody got one they would be willing to part with?
    I got parts for mine on ebayuk and subito .it.
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

Seat

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Selwyn Motorcycles of Haverhill in the UK has a seat in very good condition. I think it is NOS but it is not show quality. One small problem! It is badged Motobi. He wants £170. If you re interested get back to me.
    The Benelli and Motobi Club GB has a detailed library with factory numbers and production dates but this is only available to members free of charge. Non members have to pay. I wrote an article for the Club Magazine some time ago about the various different models and changes to the breed. If you send me a PM with your email address I will send you a copy.
    Regards

Ian

Sponsors