• 1 Post By RichardJ
  • 1 Post By belray

Thread: Belral

Name
    paul
    Member #

Belral

Hi Everybody
    I have a 1979 Benelli LS 500 and I am struggling to find any one that sells parts, at the moment I am looking for 2 x sets of points and 2 x condenser's, I would be grateful if anyone could put me in touch with a stockist of these parts [does anyone know if the Honda CB550 Timing plate, points and condenser will do the job?].
    Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
    Belray

Name
    paul
    Member #

belray

Hi dansp1
    Thank you for your very quick response and the very helpful information you have sent me.
    many thanks
    Paul.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Ian Jamieson
    Member #

Private Message

Paul
    Check your private message box
    ian

Name
    paul
    Member #

belral

Thanks Ian
    Will Do.
    Thanks
    Paul

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Paul,
    I fitted a Boyer Bransden electronic ignition to my 654. I bought it from Selwyn but you can order them directly here : Boyer Bransden Electronics Ltd

The one you want is the Kit 00289 which s described as being for Honda 400- 750. It’s very easy to fit and the wires ae even the correct colour ( at least they were for my 654 ).

I see you are in Essex. If that is Essex England and not Essex in Massechusetts I’ll be happy to ride over and show you how it fits.

Richard.
    DenH likes this.

Name
    paul
    Member #

Thumbs up belray

Hi Richard
    I really appreciate all the help and priceless information you have sent over to me, I have been blown away with the help yourself and the people on this Forum have given me, without every ones help I wouldn't have had a clue where to start.
    I had a massive amount of help a couple of weeks ago from Forum member Ian who put me in touch with Bauer and they were able to supply to correct points and condensers which arrived on Monday "I was well pleased" so we are going to try to fire her up using the new points to check to engine is sound before we move ahead with electronic ignition but the info you have given me is priceless for further down the line.
    I also want to thank you for your offer of riding over to show me how to fit the ignition "I really appreciate that offer". My Benelli is with a mechanic and he is fitting in the work on her between all the day to day bike stuff he has to deal with, hopefully I'll get a call soon telling me if the Engine is o.k.

Thanks again for all your help Richard I'll let you know how I get on and when its done and running I'll owe you a drink.

Many thanks

Paul.
    RobShed likes this.

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    No problem Paul. I think you will find that there is a good bunch of people on this forum, possibly because we know that we are a small group and need to look after each other.

Sponsors