Motobi/Benelli Sport Special swinging arm lubrication
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Motobi/Benelli Sport Special swinging arm lubrication

Name
    Stuart Baker
    Member #

Motobi/Benelli Sport Special swinging arm lubrication

Hi,
    I’ve just re-fitted the swinging arm to my little 1970s Benelli after powder coating. Had a bit of trouble getting the thrust washers to fit, ended up having to remove the coating to makes space for them.

However my question is about the lubrication for the pivot. I had filled and coated the spindle with grease before assembly and when it was all together I pumped more through the nipple until it oozed out ... the trouble is the grease only oozed out of the side nearest the nipple, none seemed to get to the far side.

Is there a solution to this issue? Can a second nipple be fitted at the other end of the shaft? Or is it just a case of hoping some grease gets through?

Thanks in advance.

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hi
    If I was you I would get another nipple in the other side but having said that I never had any trouble with my 250 ss over five years of ownership.

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubaker58 View Post
    Hi,
    I’ve just re-fitted the swinging arm to my little 1970s Benelli after powder coating. Had a bit of trouble getting the thrust washers to fit, ended up having to remove the coating to makes space for them.

However my question is about the lubrication for the pivot. I had filled and coated the spindle with grease before assembly and when it was all together I pumped more through the nipple until it oozed out ... the trouble is the grease only oozed out of the side nearest the nipple, none seemed to get to the far side.

Is there a solution to this issue? Can a second nipple be fitted at the other end of the shaft? Or is it just a case of hoping some grease gets through?

Thanks in advance.
    can't help,I hate powder coating,I strip parts back and repaint them,I like to keep them as the factory made them,second nipple probably the way to go .
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Sponsors