Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ray944

Thread: 654 exhaust

Name
    Ray Preston
    Member #

654 exhaust

Hi everyone

Well its been quite a while since my last post but life / health etc has got in the way ! Im progressing with my early 654 restoration but I could do with some help
    Ive aquired a new 4 into 4 exhaust system with single piece rear mounting brackets - I know the 654 had a 4 into 2 system but I couldnt find one - I was wondering has anyone fitted a 4 into 4 on a 654 before ? I spent 4 hrs this morning trial fitting just 2 pipes to one side and had to walk away as I couldnt fathom it out - particularly how the mounting bracket is orientated ! so anyone got any pictures please !

Name
    steve peace
    Member #
    Hello Ray
    Please go to benelliparts.de click on Benelli click on 500 Quatro, then open the spares list up all in German then click on Auspuff Luftfilter (exhaust) then you will see a diagram. may not be what you want but we have tried

Name
    Ray Preston
    Member #

654 exhaust

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I am aware of Benelli Bauer and also Benelli parts . de and I have brought many parts from them in the last few years
    I think I have worked out what the problem is - with the 4 into 4 exhaust I have there is only one large hanger bracket each side which I have now discovered they are the larger of the brackets for the 750 sei ! Dont know how that happened but I have made arrangements for the proper brackets (2 each side) so fingers crossed for when they arrive - in the meantime I have to work out were / how the wiring loom fits as it seems to be 2 feet too long ! - Im sure I will get there in the end !!

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    Hi Ray. I live in Essex, so if it wouild help, I can ride down to Kent and you can look at how the wiring loom works on my 654. That is, if the weather is decent.

Name
    Ray Preston
    Member #

Hi Richard

My Bike is at my sons workshop so Im only there Mon - Fri - but I think I have worked out most of the problems - the wiring is almost finished and along with the correct exhaust hanger brackets Ive made good progress654 exhaust-img_20190223_102230.jpg654 exhaust-img_20190220_095343-1-.jpg
    R Powell likes this.

Name
    Richard
    Member #
    That’s looking good. It looks like you’ve even got original shock absorbers. You don’t see many of those these days. The trick with the wiring is that it gets doubled over and tucked between the frame tubes near the headstock. Strange but true.
    Maybe somebody on this forum can explain why Benelli chose to do that.

Member #
    Hi Ray........re Exhaust Availability..
    Have same conundrum with my 654....

Who did you get your 4 into 4 from....? And does it clear the side stand on left OK........?????

Thanks

Name
    Ray Preston
    Member #
    Hi

Sorry for late reply -just dont get on here as often as I should - the exhaust is available from benellipparts.de - it is not cheap ! you will need the four 500 quattro hanger brackets (2 each side)
    The exhaust does clear the side stand when its fitted correctly but the side stand needs modification - the springs can touch the exhaust pipes so on mine I removed one of the springs and cut its locating point off the side stand - works perfectly fine with just one spring

Ray

Member #
    Thanks for reply......sounds all good...and yes...650euro is expensive......about same as Honda ( 500) 4 into 4 from David Silver ...Ho Hum!!
    Cheers

Sponsors