SEI 900 Starter Motor.
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SEI 900 Starter Motor.

Name
    Christopher Davis
    Member #

SEI 900 Starter Motor.

I have a problem starting my 900 Sei, the starter turns but will not engage long enough to start the bike. I thought there may be a problem with the sprag clutch but after removing the engine and inspecting it, the sprag appears to be ok. The next step is to test the starter motor.

If there is a problem with it are they still available to buy new i.e. Germany? I have not contacted Selwyn yet , but does anyone know if he could supply a new one? I would prefer to buy a new one just to eliminate any further problems if this is the cause.

Is the starter common to any other bike and available in the UK? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris.

GBo
    Member #
    I’m not familiar with that bike but could it be the solenoid? Try shorting across the terminals using caution of course.

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    Sounds like a sprag clutch problem to me. My 900 Sei does the same thing on occasions (not frequently enough for me to do anything about it) and I've always suspected the sprag. Sometimes they can look OK but still not grab.

For a starter motor, try Benelli Bauer Benelli-Bauer.com

Sponsors