Benelli sei 1978 - Project underway
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lotus54

Thread: Benelli sei 1978 - Project underway

Member #

Benelli sei 1978 - Project underway

I received the 78 750 Sei I bought today. I knew it was pretty rough, but actually a little better than I thought.
    turns over fine, most stuff is there. It has a Kilometer speedo, so either a Canadian or European import I think. (I’m in the States).

It has clip-one, a small 1/4 fairing, resets and a Marving 6-1.
    I’m putting it back to stock, if anyone is looking for those items.

It is that green colour I didn’t like when new either. I’m changing to red.
    I bought a new 750 sei about 1976/7. It was that same green, I told the dealer I didn’t want it if it was green. He had a red Quattro on the floor, so swapped it (so mine had an extra hole in the side covers, I just put red tape on the backside). He said ‘Good thing I like you, since the MSO listed colour too and I had to do some talking to get the State to properly list title’.

I will be posting updates, but it will be a bit before I do much of anything. I’m finishing an addition to my garage, that will make it much nicer to do this. I would like to start it up before I go too far- see if the engine needs overhaul or not. But of course need oil change etc first.
    I don’t have a key- so I’ll be looking for the number and see if the outfit in England (or here) could cut a key from the numbers. Otherwise I’ll take it off and see if there are any real locksmiths still around. There used to be one here that could ‘impress’ a key pretty darn quickly.

Mark
    Last edited by Lotus54; 10-16-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    ron d and R Powell like this.

Name
    ron daly
    Member #
    Hi, sounds good what your doing and yes pictures and updates please once you get going.

Member #
    Here is a picture. I have the left side cover, and the seller claims to have the other. Now to actually get it! I do have another (Quattro) but would certainly rather get the original (since it should have emblems too).

I have a new seat cover, open to suggestions on the foam. I ordered Busso 6-6 pipes.

I will need to source brake rebuild parts (I think MG cycle has the Caliper parts)- hoses too of course (or just have some made up locally).
    Load of other stuff of course. Ha!

I hope to start working on it by next month.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Benelli sei  1978 - Project underway-e89166a1-491d-4c74-9aeb-a876a67a3543.jpeg   Benelli sei  1978 - Project underway-477cc0ae-ac56-416f-9879-9c5ce4c808df.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    I think I found caliper rebuild kits on MG Parts- but I have not been able to source anything for the master cylinder.
    I found a few threads here talking about it- but no answers on where they found it.
    I would certainly think one of the ‘standard’ Brembo kits of the day would fit, but I can’t find so far.

Benelli-Bauer does not list anything and I’ve been slowly going through other sites to see if I can find anything.
    The master is not seized or anything and I have not taken it apart yet. But I believe it may be in decent condition and just needs seals.
    I’ll probably just have some braided hoses made up- I’m not going to make a show bike out of this, but a rider. But I would like it really nice.

the Green/Blue on this bike is the same colour I couldn’t stand that my original sei came in. (Re: story of dealer swapping with Quattro for me).

thanks for any help.
    Mark

Member #
    Question on the fuel tank emblems.
    I assume those have two ‘pins’ on the back of the emblem and push into the receptacle on the side of the tank.
    where are the pins located? I don’t want to break anything getting them off.

Mark

Sponsors