‘O’ ring chain 750 sei
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ‘O’ ring chain 750 sei

Name
    Mark Hollingsworth
    Member #

‘O’ ring chain 750 sei

I couldn’t find a thread on this. I want to use an ‘O’ ring type chain, I think it is a 530, but will a standard O-ring fit, or does it need a narrow one to clear.
    1978 Benelli sei, 1973 Benelli 250 SuperSport, 1968 Benelli Dynamo Trail, various OSSAs, Betas

Name
    Cam Douglas
    Member #
    The 750 Sei originally came with 530 chain and sprockets, and as far as I'm aware, an o-ring chain will fit without any hassle. At least I've not heard of any problems with installing o-ring chains on them.

The 900 Sei is a different thing entirely. It originally had a duplex final drive chain. I converted my 900 Sei to 530 o-ring chain from the original ½" pitch duplex. Had to put spacers behind the sprockets to move the chain outwards a bit to clear the clutch pushrod seal. I wrote up a technical article on it at the time for the Benelli Club magazine. I can provide a PDF of it if anyone is interested in doing the same conversion.

Name
    Mark Hollingsworth
    Member #
    Thanks, I have not looked to see how much clearance there is yet.
    I have a couple of modern bikes that came with non-O-ring chains that will not have room for a ‘standard’ O-ring. Needs the narrow one.
    1978 Benelli sei, 1973 Benelli 250 SuperSport, 1968 Benelli Dynamo Trail, various OSSAs, Betas

Sponsors