Removal of Headlight brackets on 650S Tornado
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonRichards

Thread: Removal of Headlight brackets on 650S Tornado

Member #

Removal of Headlight brackets on 650S Tornado

I am trying to remove the headlight brackets on my 650S Tornado. Am I correct in assuming they should just slide off once the top yoke is removed. Mine seem to be seriously stuck. They refuse to be twisted and are resistent to tapping with a mallet. I am a bit worried that more force may do damage. Have I missed something? Any suggestions?

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRichards View Post
    I am trying to remove the headlight brackets on my 650S Tornado. Am I correct in assuming they should just slide off once the top yoke is removed. Mine seem to be seriously stuck. They refuse to be twisted and are resistent to tapping with a mallet. I am a bit worried that more force may do damage. Have I missed something? Any suggestions?
    Hi don,I had a hell of a job removing mine,I used a wooden drift to drive the fork legs down through the headlamp brackets,but it took time and patience,good luck with it !
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Member #
    Thanks for the reply. It took me 6 days using WD40 at first then PlusGas, while tapping with a wooden mallet and trying to twist the covers by hand. The problem was a lot of rust on the inside of the covers. Forunately the forks are clean and rust free.
    DenH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DonRichards View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It took me 6 days using WD40 at first then PlusGas, while tapping with a wooden mallet and trying to twist the covers by hand. The problem was a lot of rust on the inside of the covers. Forunately the forks are clean and rust free.
    You're not Robin Crusoe on that one...I had the same problem some time back. Similar solution as I recall

Sponsors