250 quattro oil strainer
Benelli Motorcycle Forum - Benelli Bike Discussions - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 250 quattro oil strainer

Member #

250 quattro oil strainer

Hi
    The exploded diagram in my manual for the sump/oil strainer seems to show both the gauze filter and the cone shaped plastic piece being fitted underneath the metal plate. However, when I took mine apart, they were both above the plate and free to move around a little. There is a small cut out at the top of each of the posts that the metal plate screws to, which would allow one or both of the plastic parts to fit underneath the plate, and be firmly held down

Does anyone know which is the correct way?

Thanks for your help

Regards
    Mark

Name
    DENIS
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
    Hi
    The exploded diagram in my manual for the sump/oil strainer seems to show both the gauze filter and the cone shaped plastic piece being fitted underneath the metal plate. However, when I took mine apart, they were both above the plate and free to move around a little. There is a small cut out at the top of each of the posts that the metal plate screws to, which would allow one or both of the plastic parts to fit underneath the plate, and be firmly held down

Does anyone know which is the correct way?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
    Mark
    Pretty sure they should be firmly secured !
    when i was young i was very indecisive,now im older im not so sure.

Member #
    I've just cleaned out the sump on my 125 twin (same setup). The strainer is retained in place by the baffle plate which is screwed to the posts cast in the oil pan. There are cutouts in the posts which allow it to move slightly so it can be located correctly as you push the spigot back into the casting
    Why do it? because we can and we want to! ( Domenico Benelli, when asked why the had spent so many years profits on the pursuit of world titles)

4. Remove Advertisements
    BenelliForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thank you Stewart (and Dan) for that. Makes sense.
    Regards
    Mark

Sponsors